Aftermarket parking sensors

Veedub68

I have bought some Gadgetman parking sensors off eBay (I know cheapskate) The sensors are fitted in the bumper. Control box is connected to reversing light feed and earth. This model has a separate display which must work by some wireless means. It is connected to the cigarette lighter/power socket and (should) show distance and emit a beep. When the display is connected it lights up and beeps and then immediately goes out. I have tried dispensing with the power connector and wiring it direct to the live and earth, via fused link and it does the same. In my ForFour I had to buy a separate Canbus bypass relay for them to work properly. Has anyone got any idea please?

If you put the car in reverse does it come to life....it may only function when it senses a signal from the sensors .
No, there's no difference whether it's in reverse or not. The display briefly comes to life when I connect the power, and then beeps when I disconnect the power. I have a Canbus device to try with the control box connected to the sensors themselves. Further than that I may just try a different set. ?

If you go for another make, why not go for Cobra that Kleynie fitted last year. Kleynie had no problems, details here...

Andy

I'm not mad on the Cobra as it failed to sense a wall at the corner of the A2 https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/latest-mod-rear-parking-sensors.35812/post-357274 Maybe it's due to the sensor position on the A2. I see some cars have them more on the corners.

I've not tested the OEM ones mine has but it seems to pick up pretty well on stuff that is coming up from corners etc. though sometimes it is a bit late and gets startled :) might be lesser angle on the sensor for some models?

If you go for another make, why not go for Cobra that Kleynie fitted last year. Kleynie had no problems, details here...

Andy
I'm thinking that might be the best option. ? ? I really miss them, after having them on my last car.

Back