Also my first A2

Hi Picked up the A2 from Apprentice yesterday - thanks Pete.

Will replace the Up! Assuming We Buy Any Car give me virtually the same money I bought it for in 2018 later today.

Its a SE 1.4TDI 75
Manual
Met Paint - light silver
Beige full leather
Climate Control
OSS
Acoustic Park System
DIS
Navigation System
Double Din Symphony Sound System
Multi function leather steering wheel
Leather gearlever
EFW
ABS EDS+ESP
Elec mirrors wide angle
6J Alloy wheels x16
Driver passenger and side airbags

Will need to do the DIS repair/upgrade, and get an extra key.

Could someone point me in the direction of the Openroof service thread - I saw it once, for someone who refurbs them in Staines? (I keep forgetting to unclick show read threads...)

IMG_3034.jpg

Welcome :) That did indeed look a nice one from the sale thread in the Market here. Glad it's staying in the club.

Welcome and nice A2!

Interesting that you’re replacing a modern VW with an A2, care to share the logic?

I think it’s an economically wise move by the way, especially with nearly-new car values being what they are at the moment (I assume you own the VW outright). But interested to hear it from you

Welcome, nice spec car you've got there, send me a message and we can talk about OSS repairs.

Welcome, nice spec car you've got there, send me a message and we can talk about OSS repairs.
Hiya,

The logic was part monetary with used car prices being very high. My up value on We Buy Any Car went from £9,700 to eventually being paid £11,507.16 yesterday for it. UP Gti a great car, but when I only paid £13,000 for it 32 months ago seemed like a good offer (got it when they first came out and were much cheaper than the list price now). The GTI is economical nearly always did 50- mpg plus and was better on the economy than a previous 75bhp high up I had. I'll keep an eye on prices of GTIs...

I wanted a temporary run around but something quirky/fun, but will probably hold on to for longer I'm sure. I was also thinking of 3.2 litre V6 Golf/ TT/ A3 but talked myself out of it based on poor economy and bigger bills (having previously has a Golf VR6). I will probably go electric at some point but will wait a 2-3 years for the electric market to develop. Saw an ID3 when selling the car yesterday and it looked a bit meh, I think there's more to come in terms of electric car design.

Also have a kid learning to drive soon, and going to uni - so may pass it on to him.

Back