Alternator query

mykl

I picked up a non runner yesterday. It’s missing it’s alternator but I’m struggling to find the right one with so many choices.
It’s a 2001 1.4 Petrol AUA engine with no air con. I’d have thought it’s the 90amp, but there’s 110 and 120amp too available. Anyone shed any light on the correct Bosch code so that I can get the correct one. Many thanks

I picked up a non runner yesterday. It’s missing it’s alternator but I’m struggling to find the right one with so many choices.
It’s a 2001 1.4 Petrol AUA engine with no air con. I’d have thought it’s the 90amp, but there’s 110 and 120amp too available. Anyone shed any light on the correct Bosch code so that I can get the correct one. Many thanks
One of the option codes on the the white sticker in the boot gives the alternator amperage when you decode them.

Sorry not got a 1.4 petrol to help further.

Andy

It would be a 90 amp, but you can fit a higher amp alternator if you want, just not the other way around.

It would be a 90 amp, but you can fit a higher amp alternator if you want, just not the other way around.
I’m assuming it makes no odds if air con or no air con, aua or bby engine code etc? Just belt size different

The non air con alternator is different to the Air con one, as the non air con has a different belt setup and the belt is adjusted by moving the alternator. The air con version has an auto adjuster bolted to the block.

I have a 90 Amp alternator here for an Air Con equipped 1.4 petrol A2.

I’ve not removed it yet but will do it if want as I want to remove the air con compressor as it under a year old.

Kind regards,

Tom

I have a 90 Amp alternator here for an Air Con equipped 1.4 petrol A2.

I’ve not removed it yet but will do it if want as I want to remove the air con compressor as it under a year old.

Kind regards,

Tom
Very kind but mines non air con unfortunately. Different set up. Really struggling to get as well. Various different part numbers

It will be on the build sticker in the boot or in service book
Hth
Keith

There are several alternators on ebay (used) cross check as many are listed as Polo alternators but sure some will be suitable.

There are several alternators on ebay (used) cross check as many are listed as Polo alternators but sure some will be suitable.
Thanks. Bidding on one and have asked as I need to know if non air con. Even Euro Carparts we’re struggling to tell me today what one I needed

Real problem here. Cannot find a part number for a non a/c aua alternator anywhere.
The non air con alternator is different to the Air con one, as the non air con has a different belt setup and the belt is adjusted by moving the alternator. The air con version has an auto adjuster bolted to the block.
you don’t happen to have a part number for a non air con. I’m really struggling... Thanks

What I can see is that 038903018cx is the correct part number however it appears to come with different mounting brackets. It’s not a belt tensioner but the spring type.
Who knew alternators could be so complex. Pity the guy I bought the A2 from threw it out but not much I can do lol
Any help appreciated

Are there any other A2s or A2OC members near you in N. Ireland that can check what they have fitted. There must be quite a few in the A2OC but so far does not look like anyone is willing to help you.

Not sure to be honest. Just joined up a couple of days ago. I’ll speak to a motor factors again tomorrow but no luck with 2 unfortunately. I’ve managed to get the right belt. I don’t think there are too many non a/c about. It’s odd not having one to check as most cars come with them. Not to worry, I will get sorted. Just want to get one ordered up to get engine working. If I can ensure running well I’ll be trying to secure loads of other small parts.

Tell me, where’s the best A2 forum for parts? I assumed in here but can’t see. Not sure if I’m not allowed up a level as a newbie.

Really appreciate the help navigating this minefield! My other toy is a Range Rover Classic - much more simple lol

Back