Another Rear Spring Query: 8Z0511115AT Bilstein Spring Replacements

Dads Taxi

In order to pass an imminent mot on my TDI90, I need to replace my rear springs. Decoding the spring markings by reference to the definitive rear suspension thread, reveals that they have the part number: 8Z051111AT.
These are a Bilstein part and are not readily available. 7ZAP doesn't suggest any aftermarket replacements.
The car has full Bilstein Springs and Shocks front and rear but doesn't have OSS
My easily available options are from KYB either RH5514 - without OSS or RH6594 with OSS. Further research with KYB shows that the differences are that RH6594 is 2mm shorter, has thicker pigtails, and is made with 0.5mm thicker wire.

My inclination is that this would be a better option and should fit the existing perches etc.

Any thoughts recommendations etc please?

Many thanks

In order to pass an imminent mot on my TDI90, I need to replace my rear springs. Decoding the spring markings by reference to the definitive rear suspension thread, reveals that they have the part number: 8Z051111AT.
These are a Bilstein part and are not readily available. 7ZAP doesn't suggest any aftermarket replacements.
The car has full Bilstein Springs and Shocks front and rear but doesn't have OSS
My easily available options are from KYB either RH5514 - without OSS or RH6594 with OSS. Further research with KYB shows that the differences are that RH6594 is 2mm shorter, has thicker pigtails, and is made with 0.5mm thicker wire.

My inclination is that this would be a better option and should fit the existing perches etc.

Any thoughts recommendations etc please?

KYB RH5514 has a 0.5mm narrower wire diameter than KYB RH6594, so would be more comfortable. RH5514 is what KYB recommends for the Audi A2 without OSS.

KYB RH5514 rear springs (without OSS)

8Z0511149A
38Z0511149AUnderlay2

LLLParts catalogue

Last edited:
I have RH5514 kyb on my standard non oss and with just the kids sat in back the rear looks proper low, would like to try some oss on mine to see if that suits the car better

Is it a sport or se? Or doesn't it matter? I have 90 sport with metal roof and Front sport springs 2 Red 3 Blue. Probably doesn't help you at all 😀

Back