Any A2ers into brass bands?

Tomscar

Been too busy with my brass band lately to work on the A2 ... my other hobbies are brass bands, cycling and videography and if anyone is interested in my music then click on the link. It is our winning performance and was recorded live at Northern Ireland's 'Brass in Concert' on Saturday.

Feel free to comment and looking forward to getting back to the A2 ?

I've always been musical although not a brass player (I sing with a chamber choir), and one of my favourite ever films is Brassed Off. I enjoyed this performance, especially the Balkan Dance with the 7/8 section in the middle - many thanks for posting :)

PS I also ride a bit ... normally only when it's nice outside though ;)

Been too busy with my brass band lately to work on the A2 ... my other hobbies are brass bands, cycling and videography and if anyone is interested in my music then click on the link. It is our winning performance and was recorded live at Northern Ireland's 'Brass in Concert' on Saturday.

Feel free to comment and looking forward to getting back to the A2 ?
Very fine playing. I grew up in the brass band tradition however jumped ship to orchestral playing at about 15 and have never returned.

Hi Proghound, thanks for commenting, we could have done with your singing skills during Balken Dance.
Brassed Off is an excellent film and just happen to know a few of the players from the band that were playing, everyone knows everyone in brass bands ?
I'm steadily increasing the training for the Tour de Yorkshire Sportive on 5th May ... need to hit the hills pretty soon, rain or shine.
All the best ... Tom

I used to be in Surrey Youth Orchestra with my trumpet, but haven't played in years. Adam plays the drums though.

Ian & Adam

I'm now a French horn player professionally but started off on the Tenor horn.
Great Beagles ... that's the sort of work I would love to have pursued but (a) not good enough and (b) not much call for Tenor Horns in an orchestra ... I do play a few French horn pieces with the piano part transposed ... have you any uploads, I'd love to hear you playing ... the only orchestral brass player I know is Paul Young from the Ulster Orchestra, he is our assistant principal in 1st Old Boys Band.

Great Beagles ... that's the sort of work I would love to have pursued but (a) not good enough and (b) not much call for Tenor Horns in an orchestra ... I do play a few French horn pieces with the piano part transposed ... have you any uploads, I'd love to hear you playing ... the only orchestral brass player I know is Paul Young from the Ulster Orchestra, he is our assistant principal in 1st Old Boys Band.
Don't know him personally but have a few friends who occasionally work with Ulster. Afraid not on the upload front, will let you know if I can think of anything that has me recorded in a particularly prominent part.

Don't know him personally but have a few friends who occasionally work with Ulster. Afraid not on the upload front, will let you know if I can think of anything that has me recorded in a particularly prominent part.

Yes please do Beagles ?
all the best, Tom

B♭ trumpet then F/B♭ double horn in a wind orchestra..but that was almost 20 years ago..:p

I'm now a French horn player professionally but started off on the Tenor horn.
Hi again Beagles ... just noticed where you're from ... have you come across a young trombone player called Peter Moore, born in Belfast, he is co- principal with the LSO?

Hi again Beagles ... just noticed where you're from ... have you come across a young trombone player called Peter Moore, born in Belfast, he is co- principal with the LSO?
Don't know him personally but yes, he's somewhat infamously prodigiously talented!

Don't know him personally but yes, he's somewhat infamously prodigiously talented!
Not half, young musician of the year aged twelve around ten years ago and already a legend ... he always pays a visit to the band rooms when he's home ... what a talent:)

Here you go, this in spite of being an advert for town is actually us from the touring show:
Now that's a horn section Beagles, hope you are keeping busy with the playing ... we're busy with the band this year, two wins so far, a third in the Challenge Cup at the European Brass Band Championships and have our own National Contest coming up ... then the Scottish Open. It keeps me practicing, if nothing else ...
All the best, Tom☺☺☺

Many moons ago, prior to girls and beer, I played Eb Tuba for Point of Ayr colliery, I reached grade 7 by the time I was 16, but then, one day, I just stopped and have never blown a note since.
As most youngsters would agree, your parents no nothing and I knew best, but now as a 47yr old, I can say that it was a bad decision as it gave a great sense of teamwork and commerardery...
I also reached grade 6 on the piano, but walked away from that too, I now couldn't play a thing sadly, I kick myself every time I hear someone just walk up and start playing, silly silly choices as a youngster...if only I could go back to those days and change my decisions.

Many moons ago, prior to girls and beer, I played Eb Tuba for Point of Ayr colliery, I reached grade 7 by the time I was 16, but then, one day, I just stopped and have never blown a note since.
As most youngsters would agree, your parents no nothing and I knew best, but now as a 47yr old, I can say that it was a bad decision as it gave a great sense of teamwork and commerardery...
I also reached grade 6 on the piano, but walked away from that too, I now couldn't play a thing sadly, I kick myself every time I hear someone just walk up and start playing, silly silly choices as a youngster...if only I could go back to those days and change my decisions.

Hi Clackers ... 47's not too late, many have had a long break and made a comeback, there will be bands near you that would be glad of an enthusiastic member ... probably not too much has changed in banding over the years and there will be people and names that you recognise still playing from when you were a lad ... give it a go and stop kicking yourself, you won't regret it and when you're back into it you won't even remember a time when you didn't play ... you've plenty of time, nothing to lose and you already know what you're missing?

Back