Anycar Bluetooth Adapter

nolan

A2OC Donor
Since my new (to me!) A2 passed it's MOT just before the lockdown and since I'm spending a lot of time at home these days I ordered an AnyCar Bluetooth dongle from Amazon.

I just fitted it, took about an hour, first impressions are very good, I've got the 6 speaker A2 and the sound is excellent sourced from Spotify on my iPhone.

I've got the single DIN radio, fitting was fairly straightforward, hardest part was removing the felt lined cubbby. Once this was out I drilled a hole in the rear face of it so the module could live in there with the wires passing through the back. I wasted 20 minutes trying to fit it in the ashtray before concluding this was a bad idea as there wasn't really enough room in there.

I also made a small hole in the side of the centre console to pass the mic cable through and it clips to the air vent nearest the driver.

Pretty good for £73 :)

IMG_1116.jpeg

Hi Nolan, I know it's too late now, but the extra hole you had to drill in the side panel was pretty unnecessary as there is ample room to pass the mic around the back of the panel, either around the dash cluster or by the pedal box, then tuck it up along the crease.

Anyway, great job, I use these boxes quite a lot in A2s as they are a great compromise provided you remember to keep the file format correct if you are using USB or SD cards to store music.

Thanks, I should have rummaged around a bit more I guess but I did fit a grommet into the hole so it doesn't look too bad and shouldn't chafe the cable.

I was slightly concerned what the mic quality would be like so I decided I'd make it easy to replace if necessary.

Back