Anyone into motorsport?

Very much into F1, never been to a race but it's looking more likely that I would do a European race weekend as the cost for the British GP is quite high in comparison. I could do a whole race weekend at Spa for the cost of race day at Silverstone.

I have been to a WEC race, really enjoyed it and semi follow the series, usually through youtube now.

Aussie V8 Supercars is an awesome series and some of the best wheel to wheel I have seen outside of 90's BTTC!

Porsche Cup series (it did support WEC in 2017, not sure if it does now) is another great series. I think I mostly prefer tin tops/GT racing

I do enjoy things like Daytona/Spa 24 hour races when they're shown over here for free, quite often streamed on youtube now.

On a side note I was heavily into Sim Racing a few years ago (before we needed a bigger house!) and there are quite a few professional racers who use services like iRacing, I've raced in races with a few WEC drivers among other series.

Very much into F1, never been to a race but it's looking more likely that I would do a European race weekend as the cost for the British GP is quite high in comparison. I could do a whole race weekend at Spa for the cost of race day at Silverstone.

I have been to a WEC race, really enjoyed it and semi follow the series, usually through youtube now.

Aussie V8 Supercars is an awesome series and some of the best wheel to wheel I have seen outside of 90's BTTC!

Porsche Cup series (it did support WEC in 2017, not sure if it does now) is another great series. I think I mostly prefer tin tops/GT racing

I do enjoy things like Daytona/Spa 24 hour races when they're shown over here for free, quite often streamed on youtube now.

On a side note I was heavily into Sim Racing a few years ago (before we needed a bigger house!) and there are quite a few professional racers who use services like iRacing, I've raced in races with a few WEC drivers among other series.
I did Silverstone last year for the F1, got to be honest i was quite bored with it, the cars seriously lack noise these days and with 20 cars so equally powered it’s like a procession, I’m off to Le Mans next month again, that’s an unreal weekend from the drive over to the camping and of course the 24hr race

Le Mans was supposed to happen for me last year (& this year) but unfortunately it never came off both times. A bucket list thing for me, as is driving a lap of the Ring & Spa.

I’ve never been to spa, 6hrs of spa is on this weekend, did Nurburgring back in 2012 and Le Mans last year, going back this year for the final round of the super season, if you get the chance to do Le Mans do it, it’s amazing

Living in Wales I would be hounded out if I didn't say WRC....the Wales GB stages are all held locally to me...so a great weekend usually, loads of petrol heads and Tony Pond wish I was's (ask your Dad who Tony Pond was!!!) That's how far back I go to rallying...Gwyndaf Evans used to be one of my customers many years ago, so many an hour talking cars and stuff!!!!!

Living in Wales I would be hounded out if I didn't say WRC....the Wales GB stages are all held locally to me...so a great weekend usually, loads of petrol heads and Tony Pond wish I was's (ask your Dad who Tony Pond was!!!) That's how far back I go to rallying...Gwyndaf Evans used to be one of my customers many years ago, so many an hour talking cars and stuff!!!!!
Computer vision 6r4

Tony Pond! I was brought up in Chester, so got the chance to see the start of the Lombard RAC Rally a couple of times. I'm guessing 1979 and 1981. The era of the Alitalia liveried Lancia Stratos (still one of my favourite cars) and the Audi Quattro. I was a big Nelson Piquet (Senior) fan in F1. Look for the Piquet/Salazar 'fight' from Hockenheim in '82 in YouTube if you want a giggle.

Nowadays it's MotoGP (off to Assen for the Dutch TT in a few weeks), and we went to Santa Pod to watch the drag racing a couple of weeks ago. The jet powered Peugeot 205 was interesting. Is that a mod Timmus offers for the A2? ;)

Edit: Grandstand used to show rallycross on a Saturday afternoon. John Greasley's black 911 was very cool.

Back