Apologies Admins....not fishing...promise

Draggon

A2OC Donor
Sorry to the admins who had to delete my post in market thread...was not fishing I promise...geniunly after advice.

Im still in 2 minds on what to do.

sell or keep...just wanted some comforting advice....buy new car for wife and keep A2 somewhere safe or sell up.

I already know what I can/could possibly get for her in present condition so not after a price battle from members...just advice.

Sorry for hassle
Steve

No worries Steve. Myself, I'd be keeping such a unique example in anticipation of its future classic status.
Yeah was hoping to keep it long term but wife has put spanner i works :) Im thinking if i dont sell of dry storing but those options bring their own issues too

Yeah was hoping to keep it long term but wife has put spanner i works :) Im thinking if i dont sell of dry storing but those options bring their own issues too
Hi bud I’d personally keep it but if you have no space to store your in a pickle !!!

Can you rent a garage???

Ive sent you a what’s app bud ;) :)

Yeah was thinking local garage rental. Not many around here though.
Just looking at threads on google around storing classics etc...lots of advice about cleaning first before storage/changing oils and filters, inflating tyres, battery charger (trickle etc) jacking car on all 4 corners? (not sure on this one) but buying a good car cover a must.

Of course probably best to sort all the issues it has before storage ...which then sort of defeats storing or buying new car anyway. <sigh>

I have a council lock up, it is £40 in that there Yorkshire. Mu other car is in winter storage, that is just in to 3 figures a month. It's not cheap to do unless its the corner of a damp farmers barn with mice etc..

Completely off the wall, give it to a member to look after and run on a first chance buy back. I'm sure there is someone in Leeds would look at doing that.

Do you have space to leave it outside with a good quality cover on it? Provided it has ventilation it’s not going to rust up too quickly underneath just go over everything with a rag covered in engine oil, start it once a month and move it to keep tyres round. If you have the space and can afford to I would keep this super little car. ☹️

Yeah can get a 4-5 cars on drive so am considering that very thing. It maybe the wifes makes that desision .....she wears the trousers here :)

I rent a garage from my local council to keep my Fsi in as I'm on street parking and its not fair on my neighbours to keep 2 A2s on the road. It turned out they had a block of garages a few streets away.

We are all A2 addicts, so we are always going to go with change wife, keep car ?

I rent a garage from my local council to keep my Fsi in as I'm on street parking and its not fair on my neighbours to keep 2 A2s on the road. It turned out they had a block of garages a few streets away.

We are all A2 addicts, so we are always going to go with change wife, keep car
I wish there were such a think in my city, my council website doesn’t even acknowledge that they exist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's a shame...…….lol...……….put the A2 on the drive put a for sale sign inside then cover with a good quality car cover...….WIN WIN... she's happy as its for sale, your happy as you're keeping the car.....what's to go wrong......
Lovin this idea.....should get past muster on a technicality :)

Back