Are there any members around Northampton or Milton Keynes?

Stevieb

Am I alone in Northampton?
My A2 has spent the last ten years around here in the ownership of the last two owners.
But is anyone else around?

Milton Keynes and have been since 1982. We’ve had 3 A2s over the years, signature will tell you more. ? A2s are not an uncommon sight in MK to be fair. Jeff, @Mustang-owner, is probably much closer to you still.

Hi Darren,

Glad to hear from you. I moved to Castlethorpe in 1962 and spent my career at Hanslope Park, but moved to Northampton as my late wife worked at the hospital.
I have an A4 tdi pd and an A2 Tdi 90 which I interchange On a daily basis.
I see you are part of the admin team . What does this involve and was the site down yesterday ?
MK is the home of VAG headquarters. Do you work in the trade ?

cheers,

Steve

Hi Steve,

The site outage was due to disk space capacity, i.e. we ran out of room. Every file that is uploaded, even with the 3mb restriction, quickly adds to the total capacity, in addition to each and every post. Ben has suspended uploading to keep things stable whilst we explore other options. One of which is increasing capacity which comes with increased costs, so we are validating the best options currently in the interests of the site and the membership.

I’ve worked in safety in the rail industry for 28 years come November. MK is one of our most central offices these days, but I’ve done my share of commuting and unorthodox and lengthy shifts over the years. So sadly I have no links to VAG.

We’ve many members in a reasonable radius, perhaps a regional meet will be a good thing once we escape lockdown. The same can be said across the country.

All the best and stay safe,

Darren

One of the best socials is at the Kimbolton fair and typically pulls in around 20 -30 A2s. Not likely to happen this year but hopefully next!
Geoff

Hi Darren and Simon,

I first got interested in A2s at Kimbolton a few years ago. I was smitten !
Thanks for explaining about the IT side Darren. You must work with my nephew Neil Strong who looks after all things arbiculture.

Cheers,

Steve

Reactions: sco
Kimbolton is a regular for the club and one of my personal favourites of the calendar. It is set in a fantastic backdrop, is impeccably organised, the volume of classics on show is beyond that of many similar social gatherings, the diversity for families with the market, re-enactments, live music and the obligatory WWII flypast, take it to another level.

Sadly missed this year. An impromptu meet somewhere could still be arranged mind.

A recap of my photo montage from a few years back.

Kimbolton is a regular for the club and one of my personal favourites of the calendar. It is set in a fantastic backdrop, is impeccably organised, the volume of classics on show is beyond that of many similar social gatherings, the diversity for families with the market, re-enactments, live music and the obligatory WWII flypast, take it to another level.

Sadly missed this year. An impromptu meet somewhere could still be arranged mind.

Really enjoyed watching this..
Cheers Darren.

Am I alone in Northampton?

Hi Stevieb,

As Darren and Simon has said, you're not alone in this part of the world.
I'm roughly between M1 J16 and J18 - a couple of villages past Harlestone on the A428

As Simon has said - once we are free to travel a bit for pleasure I'll also be up for a meet, even if we still have to socially-distance.

And Darren - I agree with Dave - an absolute joy to watch your picture montage :)

Cheers
Jeff

Another here that enjoyed watching Darren, was a great day for all.??

Also hard to believe it's nearly 3 years ago now.

Hi Stevieb,

As Darren and Simon has said, you're not alone in this part of the world.
I'm roughly between M1 J16 and J18 - a couple of villages past Harlestone on the A428

As Simon has said - once we are free to travel a bit for pleasure I'll also be up for a meet, even if we still have to socially-distance.

And Darren - I agree with Dave - an absolute joy to watch your picture montage :)

Cheers
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Before the lockdown I used to go to the Sarecens Head at Brington for Sunday lunch most weeks. You must be near there ?

Cheers,

Steve B

Sounds a good idea.
What A2 have you got.

Hi Steve,

It's a silver TDI 75 with a few additions.
If you look below this message, at my signature, you'll see some of the options/additions.

It's a fun car, but also my daily driver on >200K miles now, so it's not pristine - however I try and keep it looking reasonable :)

Cheers
Jeff

Back