Are these the right bits?

Ken Long

Hi.

Our A2 came with an Audi Concert stereo cassette*, which need swapping out for two reasons. One, we have no cassettes, and two, the display is malfunctioning. Oh, and three, we want/need Bluetooth.

I want to keep things as simple & wallet friendly as possible (as I am not great with electrical things!) and attempt the most plug and play installation possible.

To that end I am looking at a Pioneer MVH-S320 BT head unit, and using the Incartec FK-108 fitting kit. Does anyone have any experience with these bits, particularly the fitting kit? I'd rather not have to do too much (preferably any!) cable snipping, soldering or other fiddly stuff if at all possible.

I've got photos of the back of the Concert unit if that will help?

*Marked as a Blaupunkt Concert TT 4BO O35 186 D on the side of the unit.

Hi.

Our A2 came with an Audi Concert stereo cassette*, which need swapping out for two reasons. One, we have no cassettes, and two, the display is malfunctioning. Oh, and three, we want/need Bluetooth.

I want to keep things as simple & wallet friendly as possible (as I am not great with electrical things!) and attempt the most plug and play installation possible.

To that end I am looking at a Pioneer MVH-S320 BT head unit, and using the Incartec FK-108 fitting kit. Does anyone have any experience with these bits, particularly the fitting kit? I'd rather not have to do too much (preferably any!) cable snipping, soldering or other fiddly stuff if at all possible.

That's a bit odd, as Concert has CD player, cassette version is Chorus, or so I though ...
Mac.

Hi.

I can't answer the specific question as I am a numpty when it comes to electronics and in-car entertainment systems, but for future reference, the part number for your Concert will be 4B0 035186D (zeros instead of Os) - it is a part common to the contemporary 4B / C5 Audi A6 hence the 4B0 code.

I can't answer the specific question as I am a numpty when it comes to electronics and in-car entertainment systems, but for future reference, the part number for your Concert will be 4B0 035186D (zeros instead of Os) - it is a part common to the contemporary 4B / C5 Audi A6 hence the 4B0 code.
Ah, they looked very round for zeroes!

Hi Ken
Had you considered fitting a Concert CD/Radio? Mine had the Cassette/Radio when I got it and I managed to get the Concert via the market place on this very forum in mint condition. It is a straight swap with no snipping. If you search the forum there are a number covering Bluetooth adapters that can be used as well.

Justin

Was there a Chorus 1, or was the Chorus the same generation as Concert 2?
Mac.
Yes there was a Chorus 1, it was also a tape deck but it didn't handle an external CD changer input, whereas the Concert 1 tape deck did (and had better output). To get a front-loading CD player in the 1st generation headunits you had to have the double-DIN Symphony 1.

Yes there was a Chorus 1, it was also a tape deck but it didn't handle an external CD changer input, whereas the Concert 1 tape deck did (and had better output). To get a front-loading CD player in the 1st generation headunits you had to have the double-DIN Symphony 1.
So, at a push, the Concert I could take Bluetooth adapter in the CD changer socket?
Mac.

Hi Ken
Had you considered fitting a Concert CD/Radio? Mine had the Cassette/Radio when I got it and I managed to get the Concert via the market place on this very forum in mint condition. It is a straight swap with no snipping. If you search the forum there are a number covering Bluetooth adapters that can be used as well.

Justin
That would be true of the second-generation headunits, but not the first-generation one that Ken has in his car. There was no CD radio in single-DIN in the range at that point. A second-generation Concert II CD player could be fitted with the appropriate CANBUS extension, that said with the first-generation units not relying on CANBUS signals for activation, it's easier to swap them out for aftermarket units.

Tom posted a good summary

Andy

Please avoid the temptation to try and fit non Audi A2 Head units. Can cause all manner of "awfulness"! As already stated. @timmus is the undoubted genius of the A2 electrical world and can advise about the various blue tooth options that he can fit .Plus he'll be able to fit a CD head unit (Audi).

Best of luck.

Please avoid the temptation to try and fit non Audi A2 Head units. Can cause all manner of "awfulness"! As already stated. @timmus is the undoubted genius of the A2 electrical world and can advise about the various blue tooth options that he can fit .Plus he'll be able to fit a CD head unit (Audi).

Best of luck.
Ah yes, I've been in contact with Tom and, all things being equal, we're hoping to go head with a Gen 2 stereo/wiring/Bluetooth upgrade.

That's very good news Ken. Tom is not only an absolute genius when it comes to A2, he is also an extaordinary individual. Looking forward to hearing more news on your project.

All the best

Back