Are you a high mileage user? distance in last 12mths?

Robthebank

HI All,
I'm aware that many owners on here are proudly restoring low mileage examples back to pristine condition or just in it for the crack of getting a scrapper back on the road, this thread may not be for you.
I'm keen to know who out there is still pounding the roads getting hours of enjoyment from their beloved A2?
Depending on how many miles my company will let me claim as personal mileage rate for (big corporate with loads of conflicting rules), I'm expecting to cover around 30k in the next 12 months, how about you guys and who's done the most in the last 12mths? @timmus is that you?
My top tip so far is keep a bottle of RainX Cleaner with repellent and micro-fibre cloth in the glove-box to keep that back window clean.

HI All,
I'm aware that many owners on here are proudly restoring low mileage examples back to pristine condition or just in it for the crack of getting a scrapper back on the road, this thread may not be for you.
I'm keen to know who out there is still pounding the roads getting hours of enjoyment from their beloved A2?
Depending on how many miles my company will let me claim as personal mileage rate for (big corporate with loads of conflicting rules), I'm expecting to cover around 30k in the next 12 months, how about you guys and who's done the most in the last 12mths? @timmus is that you?
My top tip so far is keep a bottle of RainX Cleaner with repellent and micro-fibre cloth in the glove-box to keep that back window clean.
Tip
Don’t do the underspoiler section as there is no airflow across to cause clearing.
Gteqnic glass treatment lasts far longer all windows including screen.

For me it is probably a bit hard to say exactly, as my mileage this year has been spread across about 5 cars (4 A2s and a CashCow!)

Going purely on Fuelly details I'm on 900 for CSi90, 2719 for Project 90, 808 for Pure, Baby Boomer has done 5k so far. So that's a total of 9,500 in A2s.

This is slightly down on last year, when I did 11k in Baby Boomer in the year.

However, I am just about to hopefully start a new role next month, which would probably see me travelling 1k per week on average. I think most of this will be going on Baby Boomer, but depending on finance I may add another motor into the mix just to stir things up :)

...who's done the most in the last 12mths? @timmus is that you?
I understand why you'd think me a contender for this, but, in the ten years that I've owned my A2, I've actually only averaged 12k miles per year. Yes, I do a lot of travelling, but I don't have a daily commute. When I'm at home, I barely use my car. When I'm working in recording studios, I drive to the studio and can then often be there for weeks, meaning my A2 sits patiently outside. When I'm on retrofitting tours, my car does lots of long journeys; that's when a majority of those 12,000 annual miles are racked up.
Having said all that, I installed the TDI120 in spring 2016. It's now done 44k miles, so my annual mileage over the last three years has been higher than the average over the last decade. It's also about to get pushed up even further; tomorrow, I'm driving from the Netherlands to the south of France. I'll then head into the Alps, then back to the Netherlands and eventually back to the North West of England.

Cheers,

Tom

I’m commuting in my 1.4 petrol 600 miles a week. Travelling daily between Leicester and Lincoln. Averaging 27k a year.
Yeah, this is the exact opposite of how I use my car. My daily life is spread across the entirety of the UK, and sometimes beyond. @2work may spend a vast majority of his daily life between two adjacent counties, but sits in his car twice as much as I do.

Cheers,

Tom

I’m commuting in my 1.4 petrol 600 miles a week. Travelling daily between Leicester and Lincoln. Averaging 27k a year.

Car is currently on 249k miles and still going strong.

Kind regards,

Tom
Very interesting, why did you go for petrol, a TDI would have saved you close to £1000/year?

i am averaging about 12-15k a year I'd guess, got mine late January and it is on 150k currently from 141.5k guess about normal for a daily commute and a longer trip here and there.

I have been up to about 18K a year, currently trying to keeep it nearer 14K. I did notice earlier that I according to my spreadsheet I have filled it up 268 times since I bought it in 2011.

HI All,

Hello all,

Sorry not very good at technology but this thread caught my attention. I zoom about a lot in my Susie Q but was amazed when I looked at mileage since she was serviced in March. I have done over 12K since then. Your post made me check and I regularly run about between Prudhoe Northumberland and Bingley Yorkshire. Also ferry the granddaughter about! My A2 is a stunner and built for the long haul. Iove her to bits.

Kind regards
Nina

Back