ASB warning lights

Hi, I guess there are probably loads of threads about this, but ABS in the search bar doesn't work as it's too few characters

I've had the whole anti-lock light / ABS light / 3 beeps after driving 20 yards thing since the winter.

I've read about the relay in the dash, chaffed wires by the wheel and brake dust in the sensors etc, etc. but I have an MOT coming up so needed to do something about it.

However, now that the weather is much warmer - 26 here today - the lights have gone out completely. The anti-lock light came on for a few seconds earlier when I over-revved on a wet manhole cover and the ABS works as it should. So, I am fairly confident the heat is expanding something and 'fixing' a circuit break somewhere.

My MOT is in July, so the heat will likely do me a favour. But where do people think the circuit break might be? and also, how long is a piece of string? Thanks!;)

A scan should assist with reducing the size of haystack. Best plan for searching the site is to Google a2oc.net along with your search criteria.

Certainly a VCDS scan is needed, but a visual check for damage to the looms and sensors in the wheel wells would also help. May be the heat has dried some moisture from a connector. How good is the car battery, low voltage can cause issues.

The one answer I can give is to your last question...Twice the distance from the middle to the end....;)

Back