AT order Jan 2021... any requests?

Rickmeister

A2OC Supporter
Well, here we are, or should I say, there you are, over there. Now Jan has ticked over, with all the import/export changes that come with it.

Just before Xmas there were a couple of requests for bits that weren't urgent and the members were wanting to wait for a possible bigger order to split post..

If there is interest, I'll offer to order week 3 of January. DHL are still working across to the UK and place the parcels in the Swiss + UK bracket.

Audi postage is as follows:
1609877141273.png

The UK is still in with Europe EEC and Schweiz at the moment but could go up a band to "rest of Europe", who knows.
"Package" in Audi speak is something like up to 5kg in a box 120 x 60 x 60 cm and this size will fit a lot of trim, small clips, door seals etc etc as a bundled order. A cubby box and a lot of other stuff went in this size and was still under 5kg.

Anyhow, if you would like something please, as always, PM me and we can go from there.

Rick

Thats an interesting one Devans. I can still order for delivery to Germany and its odd they quote CV 19 as a reason, not Brexit.
Audi still deliver in Germany and DHL which I use, still deliver to the UK. When I post stuff its a personal package, if it comes straight from Audi it may be classed as a business purchse from outside the EU but usine CV 19 not Brexit is an odd reason.

This is on their website however:

Due to Covid-19 there may currently be significant delivery delays and temporary suspension of individual countries. We will send your goods as quickly as possible, depending on the daily changing delivery options of our logistics service providers.

Hi Rick,

Thank you for organising shipment from Audi Tradition, we are grateful.

Will contact you later by PM.

Andy

Evening folks... 70 cm of perfect powder snow in my garden and -10 forecast for this evening...

On the back of a couple of questions the order will go in on Sunday 21st January. This gives a week to line up any requests and PM me with part numbers from the AT web site.

Please, I'm not connected to Audi or in the motor trade, you must supply the part numbers on this one via a PM. I'll reply and all the financials are taken care of via Gmail. I use this to send you confirmation of the order which I receive from Audi as proof of purchase for you.

If you haven't done this before what happens is:
I collect all the requests / part numbers and then log on to AT and order. I used to have an account and they invoiced me, but now I just pay up front at this point for all the bits.
After I order, the goods arrive with me in Black Forest, Germany. I check and cross reference with the order and arrange tracked post with DHL who will ship to the UK.
Its at this point I can either, return stuff for a refund or forward to members. If I forward, this is the point that I need paying and you accept that you own the parts. You can imagine the challenge of sending back and refunds from the UK.
Payment to me is based on the Euro spot rate on the day and you pay into my UK NatWest account, saving a PP £/€ transfer.
Ideally, one person from the buying group acts as contact in the UK and members can either collect or post within the UK. This would maximise the saving on post as the Germany - UK bit is most expensive.
How does this sound? Any questions, please just ask.
Rick

Back