ATL 1.4 TDI 90 BHP new right engine mount

CrispyEdd

United-Kingdom
I have been trying to find a new engine mount, 8Z0 199 262 R that sits in the housing 8Z0 199 185 on drivers side top of engine bay. I can rock it around by hand easily and the engine is moving a lot on tick over.

Does any one have any ideas on where to get a new one or how to build a new one, for example does the rubber/hydro mounting come out of the alloy bit?
I see Audi A1 has a very similar looking part? Failing that Im happy to have a low milage second hand one, or one form another audi a2 as long as it stops engine rocking itself to death.

Any help much appreciated as don't seem to get anywhere other old looking ones on eBay which I wouldn't trust to be any better.

Attachments

• 20210721_165919.jpg
    20210721_165919.jpg
    707.7 KB · Views: 153
  • 20210722_112845.jpg
    20210722_112845.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Are you sure that you have the correct part number? 7zap gives it as 8Z0199212J:

It would appear that this is also the mount for the BHC. Available on Autodoc for a reasonable price.

RAB
Are you sure that you have the correct part number? 7zap gives it as 8Z0199212J:

It would appear that this is also the mount for the BHC. Available on Autodoc for a reasonable price.

RAB
Hi - unit top says 8z0199185p see pic above. I'll check out the bhc link thank you for reply.

Hi - unit top says 8z0199185p see pic above. I'll check out the bhc link thank you for reply.
I think that you will find that 8Z0199185P is part of 8Z0199212J. The most important part is the rubber block; 8Z0199185P is the bracket that fits to the top of it.

RAB

I think that you will find that 8Z0199185P is part of 8Z0199212J. The most important part is the rubber block; 8Z0199185P is the bracket that fits to the top of it.

RAB
Right got you, tell
He rubber block is like a metal case with rubber in tight? Hydro something? So I can just replace this then. Good times! ?

Right got you, tell
He rubber block is like a metal case with rubber in tight? Hydro something? So I can just replace this then. Good times! ?
If you can buy it separately. I suspect that you can only buy the two together.

RAB

So no resolution then, nothing we can do? Needs some one to come up with some way of using rubber to replace the mount.

If the engine rocks on tick-over then first port of call would be the dogbone mount, are you sure this is okay?

If the engine rocks on tick-over then first port of call would be the dogbone mount, are you sure this is okay?
Thanks - I will check this out when I get under it in next few days. Give it a lever without screwdriver see how rubber is and if its splitting.

Cheapest place to get the mount is https://shop.audi-zentrum-goettingen.de/

8Z0199212K

They will sell for it approx 229EUR incl 19% MWSt that they can deduct now after Brexit.

You need the whole mount; the hydropart is not possible to buy separately. Note also that bolts are one-time use only.

That being said; I doubt the mount to be the reason for the engine rocking unless the hudropart is completely punctured

Back