ATL clutch & DMF replacement parts

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
As discussed and highlighted by @dj_efk here...
I ordered this clutch kit (£320 delivered - best price I know of)

The item didn't have the 'correct' part number listed though the seller confirmed the item as LUK 417004710. This also tied in with another A2oc thread as below...

Photos of the unit delivered today(I'm not planning to use this immediately, it's a preventative servicing item for future use)...
IMG_20201006_164603.jpg
IMG_20201006_164611.jpg
IMG_20201006_164650.jpg
IMG_20201006_164835.jpg

Is it definitely the right part with nothing missing?
I believe so, I wasn't expecting a release bearing (the more expensive LUK kit comes without also). The older thread I noted in post 1 has part numbers for the release bearing and other parts that are recommended while there.

I just got one it doesn't have the release bearing which is why it is cheaper.
As @Special edition noted, release bearing is cheap so doesn't account for the big difference in kit cost.
Bits listed as worth changing in the old thread... would be good to know others thoughts on these.
Other parts you want to change when gearbox is removed
* Release lever(?) = Audi: 02J 141 719 C (20 eur)
* Spring for lever = Audi: 012 141 741 (2eur)
* Guide bush(?) + gasket = Audi: 02A 141 180 A (20 eur)
* Bolts for guide bush (3pcs, M7x14) = Audi: N 903 544 05 (2eur) (Old number: N 903 544 04)
* Ball joint = Audi: 02A 141 777 (6 eur)

I’m going to try a cheeky £300 offer and see what happens, Merlin has only just had a new DMF and clutch at 125k-ish miles (@Special edition can confirm exactly), but way off in the future when another is needed at 250k miles, will they be available AND this cheap?!

Wish me luck, I’m going in!

Well the seller has only gone and accepted my offer hasn’t he??!

Whoops, I’ve got some explaining to do to my wife!

who’s going to go in with a sub £300 offer?

Well the seller has only gone and accepted my offer hasn’t he??!

Whoops, I’ve got some explaining to do to my wife!

who’s going to go in with a sub £300 offer?
Well done, I started at £300 and ended up at £320, which I'm happy with.

I paid 300 for mine earlier in the year and didn't notice there was no release bearing until I got to install at WOM earlier this year - I had to make a mad dash to TPS to pickup one that they had in stock.

I had issues with clutch depressed / shaking but was living with it but decided to push the button and do it. Huge difference - the DMF that came off was able to rock around an inch from side to side inside the housing. No wonder there was vibration in the cabin.

You'll likely need a new guide sleeve with seal, clutch release arm, and one of those little top hat bolt. I've picked up this link from another thread which displays the kit beautifully - decent price also.

Clutch kit

Do we have a recommended parts set for replacing the DMF with non-DMF parts? I think that would be my preferred option.

As discussed and highlighted by @dj_efk here...
I ordered this clutch kit (£320 delivered - best price I know of)

The item didn't have the 'correct' part number listed though the seller confirmed the item as LUK 417004710. This also tied in with another A2oc thread as below...

Photos of the unit delivered today(I'm not planning to use this immediately, it's a preventative servicing item for future use)...
View attachment 70809

I noticed the number on the edge pic you provided above is 417001911

1602091339885.png

In the pictures from this thread https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/a2-1-4-tdi-90ps-atl-clutch-and-dmf-change.21338/
The part number is 417004710

1602091442958.png

Looking up part number 417001911 it mentions Audi A1, A3, TT and other members of teh VAG range but not A2.
1602091851294.png

How do we know for sure if it is the correct part?
Do you think its possible LUK are using the DMF housing for the A1 and a clutch for the A2?

John

I have messaged the seller with the info about the discrepancy between what you have received and what he has advertised - and asked him to cofirm what he is about to send me (due for delivery on the 12th). No response yet, 24 hours later.

Might help - https://www.a2oc.net/community/inde...lutch-issue-looking-for-thoughts.40622/page-2

i've added a list of bits i've done and needed, and all the fun i had with my first dmf/clutch change.

Edit: it didn't cost that much when i bought it - was 320ish

Kit has everything you need to bolt on the replacement and is really straight forward, just undo old one and it has bolts etc. with whole thing pre-assembled so just torque in the 6 i think it were bolts.

Clutch release fork and little rubber nubby bolt didn't look like they needed replacing but i did them anyway - didn't actually have any wear. release bearing and top hat do definitely need renewing - be careful with top hat bearing bolts as mine sheared and i had to drill one of them out, were really brittle.

I used bolts for a mini to bolt down the top hat bearing - cannot recall if i included that part on my thread.

Last edited:
Update:

My question to the seller:

Hello,

Before you dispatch this, could I ask you to make absolutely sure this kit is for the Audi A2 1.4tdi engine with code ATL? Part number should be 417004710.

I ask as my friend with the same car just bought one from you and upon arrival the part number stamped on it is 417001911 - This is listed by LUK as fitting the Audi A1, A3, TT and other members of the VAG range but not A2.

Please double-check before shipping this kit?

Thanks!

Update:

My question to the seller:

Hello,

Before you dispatch this, could I ask you to make absolutely sure this kit is for the Audi A2 1.4tdi engine with code ATL? Part number should be 417004710.

I ask as my friend with the same car just bought one from you and upon arrival the part number stamped on it is 417001911 - This is listed by LUK as fitting the Audi A1, A3, TT and other members of the VAG range but not A2.

Please double-check before shipping this kit?

Thanks!
And the reply:

Thank you for your message,
Yes I can confirm this is compatible with your vehicle,
Thank you for checking

So as you can imagine, I’ve again asked to confirm the part numbers. Very happy to use buyer protection on these guys if needs be.

Back