ATL luk tandem pump part no

CrispyEdd

United-Kingdom
Hi, my 04 ATL has worked hard for 155k miles, but there is the tell tale leakage coming under the tandem pump down side of block. I've cleaned it twice and it's coming back all time.

Found this on autodoc but couldn't see the blue silicon seal on gasket. Anyway, can someone confirm this pump is okay tonreplace an luk?
Would be great to have original part numbers for the pump and gasket so I can cross reference.

Hey, check out PIERBURG Vacuum Pump, brake system in the AUTODOC app https://m.autodoc.co.uk/pierburg/14761152

I've seen talk of luk pumps being NLA so if this is case I'll be going bosch and depronman spacer.

Thanks!

Oh saw this one but not sure if it's luk or bosch replacement?? Any ideas

That looks to be a pattern LUK pump.

TBH the Bosch tandem is far better and now Paul can print a spacer why would you go any other route?

Hi, my 04 ATL has worked hard for 155k miles, but there is the tell tale leakage coming under the tandem pump down side of block. I've cleaned it twice and it's coming back all time.

Found this on autodoc but couldn't see the blue silicon seal on gasket. Anyway, can someone confirm this pump is okay tonreplace an luk?
Would be great to have original part numbers for the pump and gasket so I can cross reference.

Hey, check out PIERBURG Vacuum Pump, brake system in the AUTODOC app https://m.autodoc.co.uk/pierburg/14761152

I've seen talk of luk pumps being NLA so if this is case I'll be going bosch and depronman spacer.

Thanks!
I got the gasket from audi, was around £7

Thanks!

I knew you'd say that! 😏 what's the part number for a bosch one please? 🤔 thanks

F009D02799 is what I bought. Snapped it up pre-emptively as I'm in the same situation as you - ATL with 155k miles with an oil leak!

I managed to get mine secondhand / unused for £150 delivered by watching eBay (using the above part number).

F009D02799 is what I bought. Snapped it up pre-emptively as I'm in the same situation as you - ATL with 155k miles with an oil leak!

I managed to get mine secondhand / unused for £150 delivered by watching eBay (using the above part number).
Thank you, let me guess you've just or are about to change turbo and clutch too??

Yes F009D02799 is the correct Bosch pump as listed in the above diagram I posted above. Normally this comes without the correct gasket with the blue silicone but some sellers do include it in the price.

Probably been answered, but for the sake of the thread. Is the Bosch pump with the code F009D02799 compatible with all right hand drive TDIs with the required spacer?

Free delivery from autodoc.

Screenshot_20221105-163018.jpg

Looks like I will need one and this seems to be the best price around at the moment.

Yes John the Bosch F009D02799 pump IS the one for all 1.4 tdi engines albeit with the special spacer for RHD BHC and ATL engines. It is a direct fit onto an AMF engined car.

Note again there is no need for a spacer on LHD BHC or ATL engined car. Likewise will directly fit onto an ANY as all LHD vehicles..

Once again a genuine Bosch pump is cheaper than the LUK(alike) ones

Do not get too hung up on "does this fit my vehicle" as many just copy and paste without actually checking compatibility.

Strictly speaking no it does not fit the BHC or ATL on RHD cars. Many of the databases used come from Germany and those all reflect LHD cars hence some say compatible. Pump will fit with the special spacer to move the ASV away from the tandem body.

It does not come with a gasket so you will need to order one from somewhere else.

Did the 10% discount work with that seller? Annoyingly everytime I have tried to use the discount codes the seller was not part of that scheme.

Just to add, sorry for jumping in on the thread edd, the pump I'm having to replace is not leaking as such, there's no diesel leaks near or around the TP area whatsoever, bone dry.
But it is allowing fuel to drain back into the tank when facing nose up hill.
I'm hoping that this replacement will cure the problem, fingers crossed eh.

Yes the new pump internal components will seal far better preventing gravity draw back of the fuel. On the LUK pump the tip seals on the fuel side and the vacuum port becoming loose are the failure areas along with the o ring seals. The metal crush gasket is far more reliable but not interchangeable.

Back