Audi A2 1.2TDI gearbox problem

Bindi

Hello, does anyone know what this could be? My Audi A2 1.2 TDI started normally, I put it in R and left the garage without any problems. I closed the gate, got in the car and put it in D. I hit the gas and nothing. No gear can be engaged anymore. The car remained in neutral. The gas does not react in any way even in neutral. When I try to engage any speed, nothing happens. Even when the car is not started and I try to shift manually 1-5, I do not hear any physical sounds. What can it be ?

Could be many causes. You need to do a scan with VCDS first. A 1.2Tdi needs proactive maintenance.

Have you checked the hydraulic oil level? When was the last transmission basic setting done? Can you hear the hydraulic pump running?

RAB

Could be many causes. You need to do a scan with VCDS first. A 1.2Tdi needs proactive maintenance.

Have you checked the hydraulic oil level? When was the last transmission basic setting done? Can you hear the hydraulic pump running?

RAB
The hydraulic pump is running. Well, it makes a sound for a very, very long time. Not as usual. It happened now on a rainy day. Under the car, the water turned rainbow colored (probably a sudden leak of hydraulic fluid). I refill it regularly once every few months (a small leak). But even after correct filling, it is not possible to engage any gear on the gearbox. The display shows no mechanical sound. I honestly have no idea when the last basic setting was done.

In the absence of a VCDS scan, your best move might be to replace the accumulator - the nitrogen inside escapes over time. You really do need VCDS - you cannot maintain the car without it. It is also a requirement for carrying out a basic setting.

RAB

In the absence of a VCDS scan, your best move might be to replace the accumulator - the nitrogen inside escapes over time. You really do need VCDS - you cannot maintain the car without it. It is also a requirement for carrying out a basic setting.

RAB
I'm going to deal with it tomorrow. It just surprised me and I wondered just what it could be.

One thing you can try: with the ignition on, engine not running and foot on the brake, how many gear changes can you make in tiptronic (manual) mode after the hydraulic pump stops before it starts again.

RAB

Back