Audi a2 Instrument cluster bench test help

SzeBen

Hello guys, I require a little help.

I fixed the cluster from my A2 and tried to bench test it (full DIS, not half).

So on the blue connector, I pinned:
Pin 1, and 23 for +12v
Pin 24 for Ground

And on the green connector, I added a cable on Pin 28, which is the K-line as I can see.

But I still cannot read it, so I cannot set the needles correctly without my car. What am I missing? Can anybody give me some advice? Thanks.

Hello and welcome to the Club,

Here you will find a plethora of information for most of not all issues. Some more difficult to find and the in-built search engine may not be able to help. Try searching using your browser of choice and adding ‘A2OC’ to the search title, you should get a longer list of links.

We’re also a very friendly bunch which you’ve no doubt noticed from reading various threads in pursuit of a solution to your problem.

Your current issue regards bench testing the instrument cluster may not actually come up on a search within our pages but there are resources freely available online.

This link has personally assisted me a few times recently whilst I endeavour to add something that was never included within our instrument clusters. The suggested pinout on the link works perfectly for me but please do ensure all connections are good.

Kind regards,

Tom

Hello, thank you it worked. I'm copying here for the future generation:

Blue connector
pin 1: 12v
pin 23: 12v
pin 24: ground
pin 7: ground
pin 9: ground

Green connector
pin 28: k-line

This is for the Blue/Green/Grey type of clusters, but I assume it's the same or almost the same for the half board.

Hello, thank you it worked. I'm copying here for the future generation:

Blue connector
pin 1: 12v
pin 23: 12v
pin 24: ground
pin 7: ground
pin 9: ground

Green connector
pin 28: k-line

This is for the Blue/Green/Grey type of clusters, but I assume it's the same or almost the same for the half board.
Perfect and thank you for reporting back,

Glad the information on the additional 2 pins being joined to Pin #24 helped out, this should help others out in the future who wish to bench test their own (or a spare) cluster.

Although testing an instrument cluster is simple enough, it’s of course not for the faint hearted as it’s quite easy to damage a perfectly good item. Anyone reading this should proceed with caution. That said there is plenty of information available online to be studied before committing to this kind of work.

Thanks again for sharing with the community.

Kind regards,

Tom

Back