Audi A2 tdi automatic - cant shift to neutral

LittOmAlt

Hi

i will haul my A2 to service due to problem with gear. As it is today the car wont move due to it is in a gear possition. It will also not start of same reason.

I picture i fond on a2oc tells me that I may force it to change gear:

1600604068334.png

I have may located the gate selection lever(close to back of engine room), but when I try to press down the lever nothing happens.
Can I ask where to find this lever so I know im at rigth spot?

And I don't get my hands in, to many obstacles so I used a rod when pressing lever.

Any of you who can give me a tip?

maybe @RAB ?

Thanks up front

Another picture from https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/22853403/electronic-manual-gearbox-volkspage
1600604296754.png

Make sure that the actuator is connected correctly to the gear change rod. You'll have to get under the car to do this. Loosen the screw that attaches the actuator to the change rod. The correct position is a depression in the rod. Tighten the screw and then perform a basic setting. Follow the procedure to the letter.

RAB

If you have a problem starting the engine, the clutch is more likely to be the problem. As there is no clutch pedal as such, if there is any doubt about the clutch not operating correctly, starting will be inhibited. Does the clutch open/close on pressing the brake pedal (ignition ON, engine not running)?

What is the recent history of the car? Do you have VCDS?

RAB

Thanks @RAB

Make sure that the actuator is connected correctly to the gear change rod. You'll have to get under the car to do this. Loosen the screw that attaches the actuator to the change rod. The correct position is a depression in the rod. Tighten the screw and then perform a basic setting. Follow the procedure to the letter.

RAB

"Follow the procedure to the letter."
I'm not an expert, and I find it a bit difficult to understand. Where can I find the procedure description? Is there a repair manual available?

Back