Audi symphony replacement help needed

Tom

0f5dab3dac865bd1456f436d769c36a2.jpg

Hi All,

I’ve just posted a wanted message on the forum for a replacement Audi symphony unit to replace mine that is shown above. Can I just confirm that my unit above is a double din unit? There are some double din units for sale on eBay.

Sorry for my ignorance

Many thanks
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for your help.

Would I need to purchase a tool (key) from eBay to remove my unit and fit replacement if I manage to track one down?

Many thanks
Tom

Yes, you need x4 Audi radio removal keys. They have a notch in the end, each key has to be inserted with it facing inwards. You can see the slots above/below the CD, TAPE, TI and Next buttons.

Avoid the cheapy keys on eBay and elsewhere, they'll shred your fingers if they work at all. Get proper ones of at least 1mm thick, preferably with handles that are thicker still.

I have answered that on your wanted advert. That is the issue when you "double post". The keys are inserted in the red circles...

1629383620313.jpeg

No problem. You could remove the current unit and see if there is something stuck inside, it is a multi disc unit so there could be more than one disc inside ( or even something else - I have found a Barbie club membership card, coins and a credit card in the cd mechanism before now ).

Thanks Audifan. I remember my young daughter used to enjoy “feeding” thence player in our old car.

The forum is so so helpful.

Back