Audi UK Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

I had a phone call the other day from an Audi UK appointed agency who were conducting surveys of people who recently requested A2 info packs (well, I asked for one about 3 months ago). When the lady heard I had actually bought an A2 you could hear the excitement in her voice.

Anyway, questions were along the lines of:

What other cars did you look at and why
Why did you choose the A2, listing a number of options
What do you think of your A2, again listing a number of options (fuel consumption, visibility, style etc)

Unfortunately, she did not ask about reliability, build quality or the dealer experience.......would have had something to say about that!

Steve - 1.4SE petrol, 2002, Silver

I had the same call last week - we asked for the brochures in April, and took delivery of a new car in mid August.

She went through the same questions, but also asked me if I had any niggles at all - I made a few bleating noises about the offer they currently have (climate and paint for £250), she took my name and address and said someone would contact me regarding my complaint. Not heard anything yet though.

Neil

Welcome Neil!.

Maybe I should have said I wanted to raise some concerns, but didn't think anything would be done as it was an outside agency.

Oh well, I did mention the thick front pillars obscuring vision when she raised that subject!. And fuel consumption was OK, but not what I was expecting!.

I'm dissapointed with the fuel consumption - I seem to get about 38mpg whether I visit Tescos or not.

Have noticed that the pillars obscure the view, but maybe I just haven#t seen the people that I narrowly missed!

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

My fuel consumption is around 35mpg, all round town with CC on a lot recently. I blame the traffic problems in Tesco's car parks...

Nice to know I'm not the only one not achieving the promised 45 mpg! I was hoping for better than 38. Used to get about 20/32 from a 1.8T A6 doing the same journeys.

It's that age old presumption-smaller car = smaller fuel bills.

OK, a 4l Jag isn't going to be fab a the pumps, but a 1.8 or 2.0 in a medium car has less work to do and more useable power lower down, so probably equal or better at the pumps.

You need to drive the A2 VERY sensibly to get any decent consumption out of it.

so what's this concept of 'very sensibly' - I thought the loud pedal only had two positions :D

Who mentioned Tesco's?.

Whichever queue your in, the others ALWAYS move faster-even if you lane-hop.....;)

quote:Originally posted by runboy
[br]I had a phone call the other day from an Audi UK appointed agency who were conducting surveys of people who recently requested A2 info packs (well, I asked for one about 3 months ago). When the lady heard I had actually bought an A2 you could hear the excitement in her voice.

Like: "Boss, Boss, we've found another one"

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

You petrolheads should have bought a diesel. No complaints about consumption or performance from me...

Another good day today - 400 plus miles, different roads, motorway speeds of 80+ - and all in 62 mpg.

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Tell me about it. I worked out the overall running costs based on 12k miles per year and 45 mpg for petrol, 60 mpg for diesel. The monthly cost came out about the same. I drove both the petrol and diesel back-to-back, and decided I prefered the quietness of the petrol, and that I couldn't really tell the difference in performance; trouble was, I was selling an S3, so they both seemed really slow anyway.
Having now driven a diesel after 2 months of petrol owbership, I know I made the wrong decision. I'm currently trying to find a way to swap for a diesel. Let you know how I get on!

Martin

It's not just the costs, but the hassle factor - filling up more often, shorter service intervals, and yes - the lack of 'go'.

When I bought the car, I did notice the cold rattle, but once you are warmed up and on your way, it's actually quite a pleasant "thrum". I liken it to the cruising sound of a Jumbo Jet, having spent far too many hours listening to that!

Good luck in your search for a swap.

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Paul, I'd forgotton the fill up interval. One tank lasts me a week, so it's not too bad.

I'm still waiting for a bid on the A2 in px for an A2 diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back