Aux input cable for Audi Satellite Navigation RNS-D via 10-pin DIN to 3.5mm jack

Valpen

While considering a RNS-E upgrade, I needed a 3.5mm jack input to my RNS-D (with Bose and rear 6 CD-changer and TV).
There are several DIS compatible modules with or without Bluetooth/USB etc mentioned in other posts that would have disabled the rear 6 CD-changer (as best as I could determine).
This cable from eBay did the trick perfectly. It uses the 10-pin DIN socket on the rear of the RNS-D normally used for the TV input (analog TV has been turned off in Norway for quite some time and FM disappeared in 2018). It requires +12V on the blue wire. To access the input, you just toggle the FM/CD/TV button to TV, the screen is blank and the audio from the 3.5mm jack is enabled.
You need to remove the radio and unplug the TV input (if you have it). I removed the ashtray (2 screws found behind clipped-on plastic panel under ClimateControl unit) and snaked the cable out from behind the radio down in the rear of the lower pocket/stash area just under the rear of the ashtray. The cable can easily be pushed back into the depths of the dashboard and out of sight, and pulled out when needed.
The cable was listed as "AUX IN ADAPTER CABLE FOR VW AUDI MFD NAVI PLUS RNS SEAT SKODA JACK PLUG MP3" and is made by ADAPTER UNIVERSE Article number 5040 and came from Germany.
There are a couple of different similar cables on eBay, and some others using the 10-pin DIN with a Bluetooth receiver as well.

Last edited:
Back