Back to the Future

lol - interesting view of Air Conditioning, when the photos quite clearly show manual blowers ;)

Good article nonetheless.

Hey, you've even nicked my TITLE, apart from the exclamation mark! LOL! Look, this isn't a good read,it's littered with errors and other nonsense! Obviously written by someone without much research! And I subscribe to "Aurocar", too!

David

Yes, the A2 wasn't the first 'three litre' car in Europe; it was beaten to that by two years by a car with the same engine. The noise of the A2 diesels is a consequence of the use of aluminium; the same engines used in the Lupo are much, much quieter.

RAB

I really don't understand why you think it's a BAD review? Okay, it's littered with inaccuracies, but this is journalism we're talking about*. On the whole it is a VERY positive review. No, it definitely wasn't the first 3L car, but it was (and still is) one of only a handful of those cars** capable of such figures. The fact that the (diesel) engine is noisy is just that, a fact. No matter what excuse is used, there's no getting away from that. If you choose to make an issue of it then perhaps you are not altogether happy with the A2 as a package. For myself I find it not perfect, but a much better fit to my personal needs/wants than any other car, not just in it's class, but overall.

*I myself pointed out the obvious photo/aircon mismatch above.

**Whether or not it is/was the first or even that it is available makes little difference to the average UK potential buyer, as they were not officially available in the UK.

I really don't understand why you think it's a BAD review?
Just where did I say it was a bad review? I just made two corrections, one in defence of the A2! Maybe you had a bad day at work?

RAB

Last edited by a moderator:
Just where did I say it was a bad review? I just made two corrections, one in defence of the A2! Maybe you had a bad day at work?

RAB

Just looking at the phrasing in post 4, seems obvious to me Sciroccorrado was referring to DJ190's opinion of the article and not yours.

Cheers Spike

Link at the bottom of the article to "The cars with the shortest production runs: cut down in their prime"

A2 is 3rd from the end of a very long photo scroll list . A2 comments are quite mild compared to the sarcastic comments on many of the other models.

Anyone who bases their purchase of a car on the review of a journalist must be nuts...................buying a car is the second biggest purchase you are liable to make...........you need to do the research and come to your own opinion and what suits your needs.............otherwise we'd all be driving around in Ferrari's Porsche's etc etc etc ........just because Top Gear say they're the best cars in the world..

Anyone who bases their purchase of a car on the review of a journalist must be nuts...................buying a car is the second biggest purchase you are liable to make...........you need to do the research and come to your own opinion and what suits your needs.............otherwise we'd all be driving around in Ferrari's Porsche's etc etc etc ........just because Top Gear say they're the best cars in the world..
Well to lighten the mood of this somewhat contentious post (don’t know why ) we are driving around in all 3 of those cars you just quoted within our family ?...they all have their good points the Audi a2 well we all know a legend the porsche turbo bullit proof super car performance ..and the Ferrari 355 is just the badge sounds awesome but expensive to maintain and as well built and plasticy as an old TVR ? yes that’s not mine my stepsons ..

Last edited:
Just looking at the phrasing in post 4, seems obvious to me Sciroccorrado was referring to DJ190's opinion of the article and not yours.

Cheers Spike
But Spike, DJ190 didn't make any reference to the 3L or engine noise! Conflation perhaps? LOL.

RAB

Last edited by a moderator:
Well to lighten the mood of this somewhat contentious post (don’t know why ) we are driving around in all 3 of those cars you just quoted within our family ?...they all have their good points the Audi a2 well we all know a legend the porsche turbo bullit proof super car performance ..and the Ferrari 355 is just the badge sounds awesome but expensive to maintain and as well built and plasticy as an old TVR ? yes that’s not mine my stepsons ..
As I was saying its down to personal choice and taste, .........as for Top Gear cars yes I'm lucky enough to have some top end stuff and as you say they all have their individual quirks LOL LOL.......and yes I do own a TVR so know the joys of them also (350 Wedge).........LOL LOL

Back