Bargain New Varta F19 Battery £75.92

A2Z

A2OC Donor
Just thought i would give you guys and gals a heads up as i have just ordered a new Varta F19 battery for our A2 (although we didn't really need one) from Tayna Batteries through ebay for £75.92 delivered which is by far the best price i have ever seen, for what i personally believe is the best battery available for a TDI A2 and I'm sure would be perfect for a petrol version too, especially if it is highly specced.

Use ebay code POPUPOCT20 at checkout to gain the 20% discount and the bargain price i paid.

Link attached below ?

Last edited:
Thanks that’s a great price - I replaced our one with the exact battery about three - four years ago and now after a weekend of no use and colder mornings it turns over slowly on Monday. Hardly good compared to the original that had done sterling work from 2004. Cheers

That's really surprising and disappointing to me to hear as i have also purchased them before and swear by Varta.

As you say the original Varta batteries fitted to the A2's as standard from new lasted well in excess of 10 years and these are higher spec.

I wonder if something else could possibly be causing a drain on your battery or if indeed it is the battery itself but i would be somewhat surprised if it was? ?

Had the same issue on Sunday - turned over slowly despite last driving 100+ miles 7 days previously with little use between.

I too have a Varta F19, a replacement in Jan 2015, the original being 10 years old. Mind you, with shorter journeys in the last 5 years compared to the previous 10 then I'm sure the battery has been more stressed. It often needed extra charging in the winter. I read that if a battery gets depleted it can get damaged. When charging I always set the charger to low (1 amp) and sometime left it charging for 2 days (=48amps).

I'm, thinking of going for this deal (I paid £88 in Jan 2015 (c6 years ago) from Plymouth Battery Centre Ltd which was the best deal I could then find). I'm about to fit a 20W PV panel to give it a constant trickle charge.

EDIT: Just bought it. Thanks for spotting this A2Z (I check Plymouth and they wanted £89)

Last edited:
Reactions: A2Z
Had the same issue on Sunday - turned over slowly despite last driving 100+ miles 7 days previously with little use between.

I too have a Varta F19, a replacement in Jan 2015, the original being 10 years old. Mind you, with shorter journeys in the last 5 years compared to the previous 10 then I'm sure the battery has been more stressed. It often needed extra charging in the winter. I read that if a battery gets depleted it can get damaged. When charging I always set the charger to low (1 amp) and sometime left it charging for 2 days (=48amps).

I'm, thinking of going for this deal (I paid £88 in 2015 from Plymouth Battery Centre Ltd which was the best deal I could then find). I'm about to fit a 20W PV panel to give it a constant trickle charge.
Yes, it does seem logical that if cars are not being used as much and standing for long periods and then only used for short journeys and the batteries left somewhat depleted, they certainly can't last as long as any battery should be kept as fully charged as possible.

Also as the cars, and therefore other components grow older, these could also be the problem or at least contribute to a poor battery. Alternators, bad earths, faulty electrical components etc could all be the cause.

I still wouldn't hesitate to recommend this battery to anyone though as i don't believe there is anything better available at any price ?

Just bought it. Thanks for spotting this A2Z :) (I check Plymouth and they wanted £89)

I recall that back in 2015 people on this forum were recommending the F19. Let's hope the quality is the same!

thanks for the tip, mines been running of a £10 secondhand underpowered battery from the scrappy for 6 months, so this posh battery will be a vast improvement....., cheers

I’ve just ordered another for my other car, as my old Halford battery is showing age

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evening,

Great spot and thank you.

Just purchased so should have this delivered on Thursday.

Project OEM thanks you (and so does Project 250 as it will get OEMs battery).

Kind regards,

Tom

Lots of orders. The company must be wondering what's happening ;)

Ordered 30 mins after the 4pm deadline but has been shipped today. Got electronic invoice/receipt showing full price but an online check at my credit card company showed I did get the discount. Maybe the accounts dept doesn't realise that marketing has the promotion!

Just thought i would give you guys and gals a heads up as i have just ordered a new Varta F19 battery for our A2 (although we didn't really need one) from Tayna Batteries through ebay for £75.92 delivered which is by far the best price i have ever seen, for what i personally believe is the best battery available for a TDI A2 and I'm sure would be perfect for a petrol version too, especially if it is highly specced.

Use ebay code POPUPOCT20 at checkout to gain the 20% discount and the bargain price i paid.

Link attached below ?

[/QUOTE

Hi I like the sound of that deal, is F19 the correct size when I ckecked on the Varta site it came up with the E44 which has a different length of 278mm compared to the F19 of 315 mm will it fit ok?

If yours is a TDI it's the perfect fit.

The E44 would work but is smaller meaning less capacity and not as good ?

Mine arrived at 2pm from a 4:30pm order the day before :) Well packed although they were using polystyrene which can't re recycled.

It came via Yodel and I was able to track the driver in real time on a map at their website. The poor driver today had 90 drops and I was no. 67. I worked out that he had 4 mins per drop. No wonder they are running and back in the van by the time I got to the door!

Afternoon all,

Just received mine.

Wasn’t needed yet but at that price I thought why not.

The weak factory battery in Project 250 throws up flat faults when starting if it’s not been used for a few days. I know this is only due to the battery so it will get Project OEMs old/good battery this evening after fitting the nice new one.

Kind regards,

Tom

Mine arrived next day too, its in the car, and the starter motor squeal has gone now it's got more power. Improvement, thanks.

What is the practical difference between this F19 and an F18 battery - both of them have 85Ah and 800A.

I understand that F18 is 175mm tall and an F19 is 195mm tall yet apart from that?

Good job I took up the offer. Today the car would not start. I had hoped to get a few more months out of the old battery but better to do the job today when dry than when it's -10C and snowing!

As mentioned in another thread I have just fitted a 20W PV panel. That controller read 11.6V for some days. This morning it was 11.5V before the car failed to start. It's been cloudy these last few days so I was seeing whether it could at least maintain the battery. I do hope it has not been draining it!

The new battery was reading 12.6 on delivery and before I put it in. Then connected the PV panel and it says 12.4V. I shall keep an eye on it. As a precaution I reconnected my battery charger extension cable to the battery so I can connect it to the charger in the garage if need be without emptying the boot.

Whilst putting the battery in is not complicated it's a pain when you're getting on as so heavy. And the two lower bolts not easy if you don't have a decent socket set with extensions. My mini socket set is worn so the sockets fall off the end of the extension rod. Good job I have thin hands to retrieve them! And then it's a pain to align the holes in the bracket and insert the bolts.

Quick resync of the two keys and reset the clock and hopefully job done for another 6 years at least.

Back