Beaulieu anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cenick

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
I wouldn’t mind going, be my first time.
Anyone else?

267c6392fbc14d357fca4c16b448261e.png

Sent from the future

I have only been to the Porsche event, same setup. Was a top day out, the museum is worth a look and a nice setting in the New Forrest.

Like @tdiquattro i’ve attended Simply Porsche and other club events at Beaulieu and it’s always been a fantastic day out. The New Forest is where I was born and grew up, so any chance to return is very welcome. It was also the original home of my A2, which was supplied new to the village doctor by Audi Southampton in 2001, then sold to my neighbour from whom (after much coveting) I eventually purchased it from in 2016. i highly recommend the stunning New Forest countryside, together with the superb National Motor Museum which offers something for everyone. Family commitments allowing I will be there, even if it takes a bit longer than usual to go back home…

This looks like a nice day out and a good opportunity to meet some club members! I'll be there.
We have another a2 in the family although they are not a club member, is it alright if they come along?

If we do decide to go there as a club, it wouldn't be the first time if we did have someone else in an A2 come and park up with us. Happy to meet and chat with any A2 owner, if they're not a club member then they're a potential club member! :)

From https://audisinthepark.co.uk/ it looks like there will be no AITP this year, so this will be the only all-Audi event.

However, it does clash with the planned Haynes Motor Museum trip to Yeovil on the A2OC Social Calendar. That event is only in TBC status at the moment, so if the Bealieu event was the preferred option we could look at moving the Yeovil one to another date. @Teresa any thoughts?
Thanks Ian. Had been hanging on as the AITP Facebook page suggested news, but then nothing. Looking at the website, I think you're right. Something new for 2023, so we can do Beaulieu, or nothing to stop us having two the same weekend I guess?. I shall get working on it ?

Thanks Ian. Had been hanging on as the AITP Facebook page suggested news, but then nothing. Looking at the website, I think you're right. Something new for 2023, so we can do Beaulieu, or nothing to stop us having two the same weekend I guess?. I shall get working on it

Less than 6 weeks to go Teresa, if we are to arrange our attendance as as club I think we need to do something fairly soon to give members chance to book.

I’m not in a position to arrange anything at the moment, but I’d love to go in a mini convoy from the southwest branch and perhaps meet closer to Beaulieu perhaps

Sent from the future

From @Teresa's research, we couldn't take up an official stand as a club, they would require us to be there until 5pm which would rule it out for many people who simply live too far away for that. However if anyone wanted to go as a group of Club members, I'd be happy to create a thread where we can co-ordinate interest. The only stipulation for general 'Simply ...' rally departures is that it not be during peak arrival times, when both entrance and exit lanes may be given over to arrivals. The only thing is, we couldn't guarantee all getting parked together ... obviously the best chance would be if we all turned up in convoy, but it's not a 'given'.

Last edited:
Thanks Ian, it’s a shame about the 5pm requirement as a club, I’m fairly confident we could of provided a great selection of A2’s, their loss!

I’m hopeful that if a thread is created then we could still get a decent turnout, call me cynical but I feel it may not be quite the same, however happy to be proven wrong

Anyway I’ll start the list off….

Sent from the future

@Proghound I think it would be easy enough for members to meet in one of the many New Forest car parks near Lyndhurst or Brockenhurst, as either starting point is convenient for a short scenic drive to Beaulieu. I grew up in the New Forest, so very happy to help advise on a suitable meeting point or driving route etc. Depending on the direction in which the majority of members are travelling from, we could start from either the main Lyndhurst town car park, or one of many New Forest car parks within the National Park.

Yes but the 5pm requirement can not apply to all that attend. So as long as a few "locals" stay beyond that point and perhaps then go on for a meal, then I can not see Beaulieu having an issue with that especially if you were able to provide a reasonable figure of cars that would attend the event. This could work in our favour if say some only went for example in the morning and others replaced them in the afternoon. Obviously subtle checks would have to be done before any commitments are made.

Not to invalidate the brief information I've seen from Teresa on the Admin forum, but I'm making some enquiries regarding arrangements for Club stand attendance.

As for a meeting point I would suggest the Forestry Commission free car park at Boltons Bench, Lyndhurst SO43 7NL. It's right on the B3056 road direct to Beaulieu - the fewer junctions the better, where convoys are concerned :)

I had put an RSVP on this thread but I've decided I'll post up a separate thread for interest/arrangements as soon as I have the information back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back