Best interior cleaner ?...

I just thought what is the best cleaner for the interior one of our new a2s it has the light brown/ beige interior & leather some of the plastics are grubby not sure what to use and what would be good to put on it after it’s clean to maybe help stop grime sticking ...because I’ve always had dark interiors in all my vehicles it’s not been much of an issue ...all suggestions gratefully revieved ..
When I look up theses cleaners so many so wanted honest what’s best ? and do you put some coat on afterwards so muck does not stick ..

Attachments

• 25B0C17E-7768-4EE3-8799-98F2DCA1DB40.jpeg
    25B0C17E-7768-4EE3-8799-98F2DCA1DB40.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 312
Last edited:
I'm currently cleaning Twist cream plastics which have been removed from the car, with a solution of Vanish Oxi-Action Gel diluted 1:1 with water. Apply it with a paintbrush and get it to foam up, leave for an hour or two then rinse off with a sponge. Seems to get most muck and stains off and not do any harm to the soft touch coating. After that I intend to use a plastic protector sort of product, the same as you. There's one in the Audi cleaning kits that @sciroccorrado is selling, other than that I have no idea which ones are any good though.

I'm currently cleaning Twist cream plastics which have been removed from the car, with a solution of Vanish Oxi-Action Gel diluted 1:1 with water. Apply it with a paintbrush and get it to foam up, leave for an hour or two then rinse off with a sponge. Seems to get most muck and stains off and not do any harm to the soft touch coating. After that I intend to use a plastic protector sort of product, the same as you. There's one in the Audi cleaning kits that @sciroccorrado is selling, other than that I have no idea which ones are any good though.
I’ve got sally to pick some up in town to try ?? thanks

With that colour combination you've got, same as ours, i'm thinking you also have Twist carpets and seats? Do you have a George? a great Wet vac cleaner i use. Great for carpets and cloths seats. I use it with Comet extraction cleaner detergent,it's professional use only but you can still get it on Ebay in 5lt cans. It's highly concentrated even heavy soling you use a 1:40 dilution with 1:80 normal soiling.

This one shows how good the product is if you can get past some of the silly drivel at the start.

I use this stuff from Halfords on the door cards as it's a foam product as you want to avoid wetting door cards and roof linings.

s-l300.jpg

Yes I’ve got one of those numatic Henry cleaners ..superb ..they make them nr me I have the leather interior as well ..it’s the plastic that’s really grubby ..
I think that cleaner liquid must be a bit like bilge cleaner I’ve used that for years but didn’t want to use that on the interior trim really ..but I bought a hilux years ago took all the seats out and carpets and soaked in diluted bilge cleaner ..then used hot pressure washer it all came up like new ..

Ive got a feeling that Proghounds solution on the Vanish oxi action gel is well worth a serious go, thinking of trying it myself.

Credit has to go to @TFG on that one, he suggested the stuff to me a while back when I sold him some Twist bits from my breaker. I've just been playing around with the dilution, and I think 1:1 gives a good compromise plus it's easy to do with the cap from the container. The gel on its own is very thick and dries on quite quickly, go much runnier though and it doesn't stay painted on.

I wouldn't use it in place on the car, you need to use too much water to get it all off and that'll show on any fabrics that it lands on. Take off the bits to clean and bring them indoors.

Last edited:
I use this stuff from Halfords on the door cards as it's a foam product as you want to avoid wetting door cards and roof linings.

s-l300.jpg

I got some today to clean up the Twist door cards I've acquired.

I tried it out first on the hidden edges of my rear seats where they sit together, that I missed when I ran out of the Autoglym foaming stuff last time. It certainly works, a lot of dirt came off on the cloth and the fabric is visibly cleaner. Nice smell, too. Even better, the sun and breeze were strong enough to dry the seats out in an hour or two. I could probably do with going over one stain again but at least it doesn't leap out at you when you take the first seat out any more.

The lady in Halfords says that it always sells quickly as soon as they get any in, so it must be well-liked.

How do you use it spray on and what wet cloth dry cloth ?? Brush... i tried the vanish but it did very little I even tried it twice ..

Has anyone tried a steam cleaner on their interior? It works wonders on kitchens and bathrooms but will it be too harsh for a car interior???

Yup a quick pass with a low powered steamer works wonders, followed by dabbing a cloth against the fabric for it to transfer the dirt and it should come-up quite clean pretty quickly. It's certainly less tiresome than using an all-purpose cleaner with soft brushes and endless cloths.

Yup a quick pass with a low powered steamer works wonders, followed by dabbing a cloth against the fabric for it to transfer the dirt and it should come-up quite clean pretty quickly. It's certainly less tiresome than using an all-purpose cleaner with soft brushes and endless cloths.
What’s a matter wiv a good old kettle that’s how I get my stamps ??

Last edited:
Back