Best single din radio replacement?

Nigel245

A2OC Donor
I'm looking to change the standard Concert Radio/CD player to a single din unit with a pop out screen? Has anyone done this already with any unit suggestions? :)

Hi there.

Not with a pop out screen but just a normal Cd/mp3 unit made by alpine.

I like it and prefer them. It also means I’ve got Bluetooth and hands free calling and 2 subs.

It was pretty straight forward but involved wiring in an ignition live via the fuse board. No drama though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking to change the standard Concert Radio/CD player to a single din unit with a pop out screen? Has anyone done this already with any unit suggestions? :)
Nigel, I too am looking at the single din with pop out screen option, especially for Sat Nav. It should lift the screen to a far more accessible and easier to view position. I am not a fan of lots of ventilation so covering the Centre vents is not an issue. Did you get any further with this?

I installed a blaupunkt cd mp3/usb bluetooth single din in my old a2. Advantage of blaupunkt is that u retain the gala speed function. Handy if u have a diesel.

Nigel, I too am looking at the single din with pop out screen option, especially for Sat Nav. It should lift the screen to a far more accessible and easier to view position. I am not a fan of lots of ventilation so covering the Centre vents is not an issue. Did you get any further with this?

Other than finding suitable possibilities on eBay then not yet. I had thought some time ago someone on here had done this swap to a single din radio sat nav with 7” screen. I guess any radio that appeals on eBay should be ok? Quite a range of prices though!

Back