Best wiper blades

I tend to use Bosch - while the wiping quality may be similar with other blades my recent experiences with the wiper arm rivets on both cars showed that they seem to have much more built-up hook or aero mountings than some other equivalents (even quality names like Valeo) which can reduce the likelihood of the rivets making contact with the windscreen. Buying online gets round the punitively expensive prices charged in some places (ie Halfords etc.).

Anyone else tried Purevue Direct Fit Aero Wiper Blades ? I just bought one on eBay for £9.99 Delivered. Came with a Spare Refill Rubber. I successfully managed to fit the Refill Rubber into an Original Genuine Audi Blade. Put that one on the A2 this morning to try it out. Not tried the Purevue Blade yet but did notice that it might be intended for LHD as the Aero Spoilers were the wrong way round. It was easy to take them off and turn them around though. They sell the Refill Rubbers seperately from the Blades at £5.99 for 2 Delivered, so I’ll be buying some to refurb the other Original Genuine Audi Blades I have kept. Doesn’t say where they were manufactured but if they work they work !

After a fruitless visit to Halfords yesterday, I was looking at ordering the Bosch N70 from wiperblades.co.uk for £11.01 plus £3.25 postage ... but they also offer a Bosch retrofit Aerotwin AR70N for £9.71 plus £3.25 postage. Just need to check the fitting dimensions as advertised.

"The Bosch Retrofit Aerotwin AR70N is compatible with the hooked wiper arm: Type H15 - 9x4mm (hooked), Type 230 - 12x4mm (hooked) and Type U4 - 16,2mm (L) & 16,4mm (K)."

I’m not on the Hook Type Arm & Blade. I’m on the later Side Pin Aero Blade Type that it came with from New as a 2003 Model. Had to change it for a New Arm as the Joints got worn making it slap on the Windscreen.

Last edited:
Back