Bigger engine into an AUA A2

A2Steve

A2OC Donor
Wales
Just wondering if anyone has got a mk3 golf GTI?

If so, I could really do with knowing the dimensions of the engine and gearbox.

You can probably guess where my trail of thought is going.

Last edited:
G60 supercharged, 2 litre mk3 bottom end,it works I've done it not in the a2 though

Last edited:
It's beyond my skills, but I've got a very good very cheap mechanic I use who would be willing to do an engine conversion on the Jaipur.

Which engine? The 16v? We are currently doing a lupo gti 1.6 to a2 conversions..... it’s fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which engine? The 16v? We are currently doing a lupo gti 1.6 to a2 conversions..... it’s fun

Please do explain more.

I'm just looking to have an A2 with around 125bhp or more.

My TDI90 had 160bhp, but I always had to drive it being mindful of the DMF.

Just think it would be nice to have a the Jaipur red one I have but with a bit more poke

And in answer to your question, yes the 16v. I wouldn't see the point in doing it with the 8v as it only has 115bhp.

And in answer to your question, yes the 16v. I wouldn't see the point in doing it with the 8v as it only has 115bhp.

Yes I have a full lupo gti engine and 6 speed gearbox and it’s going into an Imola yellow 1.6fsi the engine is slightly tuned to 135bhp and but the 6 speed is very close ratio. Should be very fun

Have you done a mock up yet? How does it look size wise and mounts?

I'm assuming you will be using the complete loom and ecu from the donar car?

Have you done a mock up yet? How does it look size wise and mounts?

I'm assuming you will be using the complete loom and ecu from the donar car?

The 1.6 lupo engine will go straight in, it’s very very similar to the aua engine, the one I have even has air con

The 1.6 lupo engine will go straight in, it’s very very similar to the aua engine, the one I have even has air con

Do you know if it's the same engine in the polo 6n? I'm just thinking of availability because both the polo GTI and Lipo Gti are now thin on the ground

Do you know if it's the same engine in the polo 6n? I'm just thinking of availability because both the polo GTI and Lipo Gti are now thin on the ground

It’s the shame engine the avy BUT the polo gearbox is a 5 speed and is a dog, they burnout very easily, the lupo 6 speed is very strong

By the way there is a full avy lupo engine on eBay at the moment, guy will let it go for £525

It’s the shame engine the avy BUT the polo gearbox is a 5 speed and is a dog, they burnout very easily, the lupo 6 speed is very strong

Please keep me updated with how you get on. Whilst I love the idea of a 2.0 16v Audi a2, it's simply the power that I'm after and less weight would be much better

Back