Bilstein b4 b3

Has anyone got a picture of the above Bilstein b4 b3 fitted to a petrol preferably so I can see the stance of the car big thanks ..

I’m sure I had B4’s on here not B3’s. It was OEM equivalent from Bilstein.

a05f330f1f4dd0db9207a08f1af8f1c4.jpg

B4 is the shock b3 is the spring so have you also got the b3 springs ..if so and it’s a petrol I like it ?
What size wheels and tyres ie profile gives me an idea of arch gap

Mmm, good question. I think that this may be stock springs on B4’s as I don’t recall requiring springs at the time. Presume B3 springs are OEM equiv also?

Bump ..
Anyone else got the bilstein b3 b4 on a petrol a2 ...one seller left on eBay selling cheap £67 a pair for bilstein front shocks ...spring loaded has wacked his prices right up I bought a set before Xmas ?...I couldn’t believe it when I asked again ..I just want a couple of opinions ..how it sits ride high as tdi is much heavier on front thought with the petrol may be a bit harsh ..thanks

I've got this setup, I have no pictures, but I can assure you that the ride is a significant improvement and the ride height is higher, but that may have been due to 120k mile old suspension before. I honestly believe that the b3 b4 setup gives the best ride quality possible in an a2, at least out of the others I have seen.

I've got this setup, I have no pictures, but I can assure you that the ride is a significant improvement and the ride height is higher, but that may have been due to 120k mile old suspension before. I honestly believe that the b3 b4 setup gives the best ride quality possible in an a2, at least out of the others I have seen.
Is yours petrol ? Do you think you could ping a picture side on tomorrow..mr brooms car above has the b4 but he’s not sure what springs so I wanted an accurate b4 b3 thanks Paul

I would go with Spidan or Suplex rather than Bilstein springs.

Bilstein have a one size fits all approach when it comes to their springs. I doubt they even make their own springs...probably just rebranding someone else's springs. Bilstein doesn't even give the specification of their springs, such as length and thickness.

Bilstein covers the front springs for the Audi A2 1.4 petrol without sunroof 8Z0411105AM and the Audi A2 1.4 diesel with sunroof 8Z0411105AH with just one spring Bilstein 37-147662. This means that if you have a 1.4 petrol without sunroof, you could end up with a heavier duty and/or longer spring from the 1.4 diesel with sunroof and possibly increasing your front ride height.

Last edited:
I would go with Spidan or Suplex rather than Bilstein springs.

Bilstein have a one size fits all approach when it comes to their springs. I doubt they even make their own springs...probably just rebranding someone else's springs. Bilstein doesn't even give the specification of their springs, such as length and thickness.

Bilstein covers the front springs for the Audi A2 1.4 petrol without sunroof 8Z0411105AM and the Audi A2 1.4 diesel with sunroof 8Z0411105AH with just one spring Bilstein 37-147662

Thanks carlston but I know all the above ..
I have the full new b3 b4 set built up ..that was my question what would my set look like on the petrol a2 with oss ..I want the stance to look right ..

Last edited:
Back