Bit of a bargain

johnyfartbox

A2OC Donor
United-Kingdom
managed to bag a 1.4 petrol today, runs sweet, no warning lights 52 plate dolfin grey sport. Downside, 120 odd thousand miles, no climate but very tidy with good Mot history, 10 previous owners so it's been round the block a few times. But the best bit, it has a votex rear spoiler, bit of a mystery to me in that the rest of the car is standard, got double DIS aswell. My plan now is to get the rear glass removed and transplant it into Frankie as advised by A2steve.
bc47da5a374ab391f10d62230ddf269f.0.jpg
aba91c0e5c5a97ac3c0d4ee283afae0f.0.jpg

120K is not a downside :)

If anything it’s a plus as it’s still a baby :)

Looks lovely bud :)?

As you say I wonder where the votex kit has wondered off too ?

Indeed Louis, 120,000 on a TDI is relatively low for the year, but this is petrol and im pretty clueless regarding petrol versions of the A2 apart from he problems with the 1.6 FSIs.

200k kms is quite a bit but not too bad. The Votex spoiler was also sold on its own.

If you want reliability, stick to a 1.4 petrol or a 75 TDI.

- Bret

got double DIS
I can't help but chuckle at this, John. Do you remember that 3-way conversation between you, Ken and I where you kept referring to 'double DIS' and everyone got seriously confused!? DIS is a type of instrument cluster. It's the one with the big screen that tells you mpg, fuel range, etc. Double-DIN is a size of stereo head unit. So, not that it really matters, but has this car got DIS or a double-DIN stereo or both? ?

I wonder where the votex kit has wondered off to?
The Votex spoiler and the skirts weren't always fitted together. That this car has the spoiler doesn't imply that the skirts have been removed.

Just wondering, is your knowledge of the 1.6 FSI based on first hand experience (ie ownership) or just what you read?Mac.
I think most people who have been in the A2 community for a long period of time and take an active interest gain a good overall impression of the different models, including their pros and cons, whether or not they've owned that particular model. I have checked A2OC almost every day for 12 years; that's approximately 4500 days of sampling what's gone wrong with which cars.

Cheers,

Tom

Ha ha ha, Tom. It's got the larger screen in the middle of the clocks and buttons on the wiper stalk, but it has the little cubby hole near the radio, I think? Lol

Indeed. Just a quick question, on the second photo of the part number, should there be a cover for that or are they all the same? Having never seen one in the flesh before.

Yes, 120k is not a downside, lots of life left. My take on that is the engine is roughly at the 2/3rds point in its life.

Andy

Indeed. Just a quick question, on the second photo of the part number, should there be a cover for that or are they all the same? Having never seen one in the flesh before.
MS Design, who made the Votex spoiler, decided that having the part number / production stamp in a really obvious, eye-catching place was a good idea. Unsightly as it may be, that's it. No cap or cover.

If I get absolutely bored one day, I think I might have a go at converting a normal spoiler to look like a Votex.. ?
.. how hard can it be... ?

MS Design, who made the Votex spoiler, decided that having the part number / production stamp in a really obvious, eye-catching place was a good idea. Unsightly as it may be, that's it. No cap or cover.
[/QUO
German TUV regs.............all approved parts (type approved) info on after market parts have to be visible for inspection.......hence the ugly info panel......

Mines a 90tdi does that mean i m in for loads of problems?? Only had the car a couple of months and i love it.....so far !!
The TDI90 has only two frailties more than the TDI75, namely the dual mass flywheel (DMF) and the variable geometry turbo (referred to as VGT, VNT or VVT). If either of these go pop, it's not the cheapest fix.

Cheers,

Tom

Thank god for that !! My A4 cab 2.5 tdi has cost me an arm and five legs to keep it on the road and now the diesel pump is knackered, that ll be another few limbs please !!!

Back