black front bumper on grey A2?

OldSchool

A2OC Donor
perhaps a matte black actually, glossy black isn't really cool in this situation?

my A2 has black trim along the bottom...

I just grabbed a random photo from the galleries here and spent 30 seconds painting in the bumper...

maybe different colour panels is just trashy regardless? Or does it work with the front bumper?

my A2 has the smooth service flap so I would paint it with that rubber matte black paint too to match the rubber matte black of the front bumper...

and then I'd eventually get matte black wheels...

what do you guys think?

Attachments

• a2 black bumper.jpg
    a2 black bumper.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 453
It works well with the accents on the rubbing strips in matt black on the Colour Storm, but to my eyes the whole panel is a no-go. It just looks like it's only temporary while it's waiting to be painted to match the rest of the car.

Call me old-fashioned (or even just old) but I don't get the entire thing with black wheels either, you can't see them properly and unless it's kept very clean and shiny they just make the whole car look run-down. I've seen an A2 locally with SE rims sprayed matt black and they really emphasized how neglected the rest of the bodywork was, the guy could almost have got away with it if he'd blown them over in silver instead.

Back