Bluetooth Carkit for 6310i

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Some of may be interested that I have now had my bluetooth carkit for my 6310i installed. For those who don't know the bluetooth conneciton means the phone does not need to be plugged in for the kit to work.

The install is very simple and low impact. With the controll box hidden all that can be seen is a small remote button to answer end or viove dial calls and a microphone. There is also a speaker in the passenger footwell.

This is the best feature of the kit and the reason I purchased it, that said there are a number of downsides over traditional car kits and if low impact does not concern you I would stick with the normal kits.

These reasons are

1 Cannot use external aerial so reception is no better than without kit

2 A separate cigarette socket charger needs to be used to charge the phone as there is no holder.

3 Most annoyingly of all the technology suggests even if the phone is in your bag of briefcase the kit will work but (unless I am missing something in my opperation of the phone) after entering the car and starting the engine a button on the phone needs to be pressed to accept the car kit. To further compound the problem 30-40% of the time the voice dialling fails and the phone needs to be cleared involving pressing various buttons.

All in all I wish I hadn't bothered and had bitten the bullet and gone with a full kit which would have been cheaper and opperated better.

I am a slave to gadgets and technology

Phil

Sorry to hear you are dissapointed with th ebluetooth kit - I am very pleased with the full Nokia in-car kit.
My yvoice dial fails as well - probably down to the amount of noise in the car.
Have you tried training it with the engine running? That's what I will do when I have the inclination. I find that when I press buttons on the phone whilst the car is moving, I often get a double or triple key press!

MartinW - Dolphin Grey 1.4SE

I will have to try that method, it seems logical. My wifes car has a full nokia car kit and she is pleased with hers also so if anyone out there is considering it go for the full kit.

Phil

Am certainly also pleased with the performance of my Nokia 6310 car kit (standard, rather than Bluetooth), especially the way that it cuts in and out over the radio/CD etc wehen the phone rings/is in use etc.

Still don't like the cabling that leads to it, however, which does rather knacker the look of the dash area (and occasionally gets in the way of the natty coffee-cup holders).

Phil.
Re the pressing button on phone when getting into the car.
If you look at your 6310i it has a menu on there that is basically a security feature.
When you pair the two devices you can then tell your Nokia that you don't need to ask if it's OK to pair with this device when coming into contact range again.
Nokia.
Go into Bluetooth menu
Go into "view paired devices"
Choose "Options"
Go into "request conn authorisation"
And make sure this is set as no.

Next time you get into the car the phone should automatically pair with the hands free unit without any intervention from you.

I have to say that I looked at the hands free bluetooth unit but decided against it for the very reason that I couldn't charge my phone whilst driving. I didn't know at the time that there wasn't an aerial attachment also.

Best of luck with the above procedure.
Roy

Fantastic, if I can now re record the voice dials with engine noise that should be all sorted apart from the reception.

This forum is great

Phil

Phil.
I need to know. Did my instructions work?????

I have to say that I too record voice prompts whilst driving, it does seem to work better.

Yes, thank you very much. I am sure only other bluetooth users will understand the joy of turning the ignition key of my A2 and seeing the connection bar then the message connected to carkit flash up on screen. I have not re recorded voice tags yet, I will get my other half to drive and I will record them then as I think I need to be travelling at motorway speeds.

I know this is way off A2 topic but my 6310i was syncronising with my Notes 5 diary and it has now stopped, wiped all diary entries in the phone and will not now update from laptop to phone.

Any suggestions?

Phil

Phil.
I'm really pleased my tips worked for you.
I'm a little stumped on your problem. I don't use my 6310i as a data source. I carry a Palm M515 for that sort of thing.
In my spare time I review hardware and software for both the Palm and Nokia phones. Take a look at the following site to see if there are any answers to your questions or perhaps send them an email.

http://www.foxpop.ndirect.co.uk/

The only reason I can think of why they won't talk to each other is because the pairing has been lost. Try to discover the bluetooth link again to see if this helps.

Sorry i could help much more...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back