Boot/Footwell Tool Kit Pictures Wanted

Andrew

A2OC Donor
England
A recurring basic question from new members is 'What's Missing In My Tool Kit?'.

I think it would be a good idea to have stock pictures that can be collated eventually into a new entry in 'How To'.

I know there are a few variants depending on model, year, Bose etc. so please help out by posting a picture of your preferably complete tool kit with this information.

Andy

Well I’ve had mine from new and it’s all there. Cleaning tomorrow, will take a few pictures.
Unless that is it rains.

Was this ever done?

Where's the 'How to' section hiding?
No, this was never done due to zero response for pictures, as you can see. There was a new member enquiry a few months ago that contained a lot of information about tool kit contents if that is your interest, I just wanted to to pull it together and annotate. Still on the back burner awaiting pictures.

https://www.a2oc.net/community/index.php?threads/whats-missing.36102/

The 'HowTo' is towards the bottom of the list under 'Knowledge' if you click 'Forums' in the top bar. A resource the club should put more into building,; I fear it will stagnate with the 'retirement' of its mentor Steve Birchall.

Andy

Thanks Andy.

I flicked through the owner's manual this evening, and there's a decent diagram and list of kit in there.

I came here initially as I was confused about the passenger footwell tool kit.

Thanks Andy.

I flicked through the owner's manual this evening, and there's a decent diagram and list of kit in there.

I came here initially as I was confused about the passenger footwell tool kit.
You are lucky to have a handbook, my guess with the age of our A2's many if not most are bought now without a handbook, hence the repeated queries on toolkit content.

You will now be aware with an A2 with Bose, Bose kit occupies the boot space and the toolkit is shunted into the driver's footwell, the kit holder is pentagonal to fit the footwell void, otherwise in a non Bose car the driver's footwell is essentially empty. I use the unused footwell to store jump leads, tow strap and a small collection of emergency proper tools.

Andy

Boot contents bottom up.

Tools
Hook for removing hub caps
Box spanner for wheel bolts
Pin for mounting a wheel
Reversible screw driver
Open ended spanner
Towline anchorage
Security key for wheel bolts
Gloves for wheel changing
Tyre compressor
Tyre foam
Alloy jack

IMG_5625.JPG

Spare wheel on plastic retaining disk with retaining screw:

mWISneN.jpg

First aid kit and warning triangle:

2aD7noK.jpg

Just to say, the empty space above the wheel spanner in the top picture is for storage of a removable towbar, should you be lucky enough to have one.
I think the gloves and the tyre foam are also transposed in the caption.

There is also at least one slightly different layout. Mine is pictured here:

Photo1231.jpg

The tyre foam is by the yellow sticker.
Under the grey strap in the square block are the open-ended spanner, tyre compressor, wheel nut box spanner, reversible screwdriver and wheel fitting pin, with then locking wheelnut and wheeltrim hook to the lower left of the compressor. The towing eye is under the wheel nut spanner.
The jack is to the right.
The empty box I believe is a holder for an early satellite navigation system, which usually has the diversity aerial attached on the outside, in the location of the white sticker. As far as I know most cars have this although very few had that satnav system. In the top picture in the first layout, this box is where the gloves were stored.
In BOSE-equipped cars, the jack is still on the right but the other two polystyrene inserts make way for an L-shaped subwoofer.

I don't have any gloves but since I've had the car from 9 months new in 2005 (ex demo) I have had an bag with top up oil. I think that once had gloves in it.

Interior - Boot.jpg

Yes, I have changed the oil!

be careful, it gets hot in there.

- Bret
I must confess this never entered my head. As it happens I have nothing stored in the driver's footwell I would classify as easily inflammable, but are you saying there is a fire risk if I had?

Andy

Boot contents bottom up.

Tools
Hook for removing hub caps
Box spanner for wheel bolts
Pin for mounting a wheel
Reversible screw driver
Open ended spanner
Towline anchorage
Security key for wheel bolts
Gloves for wheel changing
Tyre compressor
Tyre foam
Alloy jack

View attachment 45024

Spare wheel on plastic retaining disk with retaining screw:

mWISneN.jpg

First aid kit and warning triangle:

2aD7noK.jpg
I have no towbar and a bit in the dark about them. You say towline anchorage; is this what appears to be a round silver disc with holes in the the empty towbar slot?

Andy

I don't have any gloves but since I've had the car from 9 months new in 2005 (ex demo) I have had an bag with top up oil. I think that once had gloves in it.

View attachment 45032

Yes, I have changed the oil!

Yes I have that too, posh oil thingy. I think it is in my Golf but didn’t bother to retrieve it, walk to the lockup, for the boot area pictures.

I have no towbar and a bit in the dark about them. You say towline anchorage; is this what appears to be a round silver disc with holes in the the empty towbar slot?

Andy

No the towline anchor is under the wheel bolt box spanner. I’ve never seen it but I imagine it is a hoop with a thread that screws into something at the front of the car. Can take a look tomorrow.
The disc in the towbar slot is a German to UK tow socket adaptor.

Thanks everyone for posts on the thread, getting there.

I have looked at all years on 7zap and there seems to be 4 toolbox variants.

8Z0 012 109 with variants E, N, T, G

E is the Bose toolbox. Picture anyone?
N is the picture by @Proghound With the separate carry box.

Mine is the same as @philward, I think it is G and I can check the number tomorrow, even though it has no towbar. Apparently this is not unusual, just Audi saving on parts.

Now the curious bit. Does anybody know about or have a picture of R, which IS listed as towbar box. I have a theory what went on but if someone can confirm.

Andy

Last edited:
This is the Bose toolbox missing a few bits ......

Attachments

• 1540926614282-450636683.jpg
    1540926614282-450636683.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 332
The secret compartments, esp. On the right side, have the exhaust running really quite close. Minimal insulation. I had a wet tent in mine once (don't ask) and when i removed it i was shocked at its temperature. Especially as i'd been standing still for some time... there's no air circ and potentially an issue. In winter probably less so, but it's another reason i would vent if i put a larger amp in there.

No the towline anchor is under the wheel bolt box spanner. I’ve never seen it but I imagine it is a hoop with a thread that screws into something at the front of the car. Can take a look tomorrow.
The disc in the towbar slot is a German to UK tow socket adaptor.
Thanks, no need to look tomorrow, I know what you mean, the confusion was mine I know it as a 'towing eye'. I have one and will include a picture in the final write up. I have actually used it!

Curious that it is nowhere listed in 7zap, must be discontinued.

Andy

Thanks everyone for posts on the thread, getting there.

I have looked at all years on 7zap and there seems to be 4 toolbox variants.

8Z0 012 109 with variants E, N, T, G

E is the Bose toolbox. Picture anyone?
N is the picture by @Proghound With the separate carry box.

Mine is the same as @philward, I think it is G and I can check the number tomorrow, even though it has no towbar. Apparently this is not unusual, just Audi saving on parts.

Now the curious bit. Does anybody know about or have a picture of R, which IS listed as towbar box. I have a theory what went on but if someone can confirm.

Andy
I removed my toolkit box this morning and to my surprise it is the R variant.

That leaves the G variant unaccounted for. I have found a picture of G on Audi tradition and it a wierd rectangular, looks closed, box. Does anybody know anything about this toolbox?

http://trshop.audi.de/konakart/Sele...acturer=manufacturer&name=TOOL BOX&model=0001

Andy

Back