Boot lid closing intermittently

Crgwal

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Hello,

Tried to find a post on this on the forums but I couldnt see anything.

Since when I first got my car, when I close my boot it won't fully lock down unless I drop it from a low height. If it falls on the lock quickly it sort of bounces back up or bounces enough not to full lock down.

It's enough that it's not me that has only noticed it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
C

Yes, that's normal - I have it from time to time and things like slamming can cause it to bounce up too.

Try adjusting the rubber bumpers on either side, or just being a little gentler!

Mine does that too. Drop it gently from about level with the top of the rear lights usually does the trick though..

Couple of times i have it been so stubborn that only keyfob locking/unlocking helped (or using screwdriver etc to push locking mechanism manually to closed position in lid lock and reopening by button). Might be coincidence or might work if it really does not want to close.

Is the solenoid working? When mine went the bootlid would stay shut with gravity, but bounced and wasn't latching home if that makes sense.

Yeah it does all as it should just the bounce seems a bit off. Do go to the driver seat fairly often and see that the boot needs a bigger push to close it fully. Job to look into for another day.

Are all the trim panels and seal correctly fitted? Are the boot struts the correct length? Are the hinges secure?

Everything looks perfect if i'm honest. I'm going with it being normal. Thanks for all the thoughts though.

Back