Boot liner - any recommendations?

dandare131

As a dog owner I am trying to find a decent boot liner that I could use and protect the rear of the car. Ideally I'm looking for something that would be a good fit and work with the rear seats folded and upright. I'm thinking rubber ideally and with some sort of lateral protection, a bumper lip would be a bonus.
Could anyone recommend something suitable for the A2 that they are happy with?
Thanks,
Dan

Try these ones on Ebay. They say they'll fit A2. Might even get one myself.
That looks good, thank you.
I was hoping someone here had already been using a boot liner that they were happy with and could recommend.
Otherwise I'll probably get one of these above.

Reactions: N8P
I wonder whether you've considered making your own bootliner? I haven't made one for an A2 but I have for a Fiat Panda and a Chrysler Ypsilon, the boot spaces of both of which have much more irregular shapes than that of an A2. The material (in your choice of colour) is easily bought on a roll, the gluing process is not difficult, and it's easy to fit eyes for tie points. The disadvantages were that they were for use only with the back seats folded and of course they didn't look as smart as a bought liner. The main advantage for me was that they came up to window height, so covered not only the floor of the boot but the sides and the bases of the folded back seats as well. Mud and hairs were pretty well contained until the whole thing could be taken out and sluiced down. The floor should have a flap which can be pulled out over the lip of the boot and the bumper to prevent dogs scratching the paintwork as they jump in.

Would you have the support struts in the bases of rear seats extended? If so that seems to be a problem for any bootliner.

I wonder whether you've considered making your own bootliner? I haven't made one for an A2 but I have for a Fiat Panda and a Chrysler Ypsilon, the boot spaces of both of which have much more irregular shapes than that of an A2. The material (in your choice of colour) is easily bought on a roll, the gluing process is not difficult, and it's easy to fit eyes for tie points. The disadvantages were that they were for use only with the back seats folded and of course they didn't look as smart as a bought liner. The main advantage for me was that they came up to window height, so covered not only the floor of the boot but the sides and the bases of the folded back seats as well. Mud and hairs were pretty well contained until the whole thing could be taken out and sluiced down. The floor should have a flap which can be pulled out over the lip of the boot and the bumper to prevent dogs scratching the paintwork as they jump in.

Would you have the support struts in the bases of rear seats extended? If so that seems to be a problem for any bootliner.

Thanks for the suggestion, @longdog

Anymore feedback on this would be great. I have my seats folded forward with the supporting bars in place. I too am looking for a full boot Matt that someone can recommend from their own use.

I have now messaged two suppliers with a picture of the Audi A2 with the two rear seats folded up fully. Including the ebay seller. Will keep you updated.

No luck, both couldn't help me. Including the one listed above. Talking about only when seats are on the position in attached picture FYI

Attachments

• 20201208_131730.jpg
    20201208_131730.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 240
In the past I've used a liner which is made to measure, available in a small variety of colours and a genuine Audi item which is A2 specific. It was simply a good used rear load carpet from a breaker which I put over the top of the original. Whenever it got a particular level of grime on it I would pull it out and pressure wash. Worked a treat.

Used the ebay seller linked above, he sent me this out. I just cut out holes for the chair supports. Was a two minute job.

Attachments

• 20201215_162042.jpg
    20201215_162042.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 289
  • 20201215_162053.jpg
    20201215_162053.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 261
Last edited:
Iv not done one for the A2 but on my Discovery I have a semi rigid one as it has sides so if you taking recycling boxes that leak stinky water its contained. I also have a big floppy liner as well which folds down when the seats are down. Both have uses, depending on what you tend to carry. Form my A2 id probably go for the one @EdinA2 linked

IMG_1722.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    281 KB · Views: 203
Short update, I had a rubber sheet that I used first as temporary solution, then sourced a soft cover from a friend who wasn't using his, with side protection (uses some velcro straps) and a bumper lip. Apparently bought originally from Amazon, it is a generic boot liner but seems to work fine for the A2, not a perfect fit, but easy to clean, waterproof and covers the area quite well.
boot4dog1.jpg
boot4dog2.jpg
boot4dog1.jpgboot4dog2.jpg

I must admit Salls A2 has never had the rear seats in it since I bought it instead dog crate dog towels dog bowls the lot ..we call this a2 bessy,s ...I was lucky to find one of Audi’s original complete rear floor covers(It comes up 6” around the sides ) that and an old blanket under it for padding .,it’s great easily wiped out “ muddy paws” ..?

Attachments

• 07488967-28E1-408D-AACD-9170523CFBFC.jpeg
    07488967-28E1-408D-AACD-9170523CFBFC.jpeg
    721.8 KB · Views: 184
hi, found this today, a place near me. i'm going to buy their carpets

I must admit Salls A2 has never had the rear seats in it since I bought it instead dog crate dog towels dog bowls the lot ..we call this a2 bessy,s ...I was lucky to find one of Audi’s original complete rear floor covers(It comes up 6” around the sides ) that and an old blanket under it for padding .,it’s great easily wiped out “ muddy paws” ..?
aww, such a gorgeous girl you have there :) slightly off-topic, which dog bed is that in the background, if you don't mind? looks really nice and comfy.

aww, such a gorgeous girl you have there :) slightly off-topic, which dog bed is that in the background, if you don't mind? looks really nice and comfy.
Hi dan here you go we bought the medium ..with a piece of vet fleece on top ..? yes bess is a delight just had her spayed I hated to do it but for her future health we went with the vets recommendation. ?...

Attachments

• 6B534F07-50F5-4F2B-A014-1AE7ADFABCA7.jpeg
    6B534F07-50F5-4F2B-A014-1AE7ADFABCA7.jpeg
    314.6 KB · Views: 183
Back