Bose Subwoofer Location/Pictures

Hello,
I’m new here so sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. I wanted to know where is the OEM Bose subwoofer located in the boot? Would anyone be kind enough to supply some pictures on what it looks like or is it concealed?

I came across a picture in another thread which I have attached. Can anyone tell me what the circled component is? Is it a speaker or the subwoofer?

Appreciate any help.

Attachments

• E52561FB-EFD3-4413-A80E-56A62C17861D.jpeg
    E52561FB-EFD3-4413-A80E-56A62C17861D.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 288
Hello,
I’m new here so sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section. I wanted to know where is the OEM Bose subwoofer located in the boot? Would anyone be kind enough to supply some pictures on what it looks like or is it concealed?

I came across a picture in another thread which I have attached. Can anyone tell me what the circled component is? Is it a speaker or the subwoofer?

Appreciate any help.
As Tom said welcome (I’m also fairly new here) if you need help with anything this is certainly the place! Here’s a up close photo.
Damian

Attachments

• EFAE63B8-9DBE-47E5-A97B-4255476C1EFC.jpeg
    EFAE63B8-9DBE-47E5-A97B-4255476C1EFC.jpeg
    899.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 23BDCE8E-34F4-492C-B71C-951BF273A2D1.jpeg
    23BDCE8E-34F4-492C-B71C-951BF273A2D1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 253
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 239
If I may - what's the slot above it for?
If specced when the car was ordered new, it would hold the DVD drive for a very early navigation system. I had an A2 once which had that slot filled, there was a little flap in the boot carpet so you could load it more easily. The tray beneath the handbrake had a little joystick and buttons in one corner to navigate a menu - I think, spoken, or maybe on the little DIS screen in the instrument panel. The system in that car didn't work though - even if it had, I'm told it was beyond clunky.

If specced when the car was ordered new, it would hold the DVD drive for a very early navigation system. I had an A2 once which had that slot filled, there was a little flap in the boot carpet so you could load it more easily. The tray beneath the handbrake had a little joystick and buttons in one corner to navigate a menu - I think, spoken, or maybe on the little DIS screen in the instrument panel. The system in that car didn't work though - even if it had, I'm told it was beyond clunky.
Oh, it's for the DISatNav*! I do know of it!
That solves the confusion I had thinking of the later, in-dash 2 DIN unit, which I recalled to have a slot in the unit itself.
I assume it's DIN sized - that's cool! You could get the boot carpet with the flap and have a 6 CD changer even without the boot lining slot!

*nickname is my own, in case it makes you feel out of the loop

Oh, it's for the DISatNav*! I do know of it!
That solves the confusion I had thinking of the later, in-dash 2 DIN unit, which I recalled to have a slot in the unit itself.
I assume it's DIN sized - that's cool! You could get the boot carpet with the flap and have a 6 CD changer even without the boot lining slot!

*nickname is my own, in case it makes you feel out of the loop
That would certainly be a fun challenge to fit and configure - I wonder if anyone's done it? Only caveat I can see is that the under-floor compartment is prone to moisture when the seals round the air vents under the rear bumper perish and let water in.

We are a long way from Bose but I carry a towing strap, takes up a lot less space and easy to detach rather than undoing a pulled tight knot
- don't ask how I know! Also goes a long way towards never needing it again:). Something like this but lots of alternatives....

Andy

PS. Melt/fuse the ends of that rope it grieves me to see it!

Last edited:
Hello,

Appreciate any help.
Hi,

the circled component shown in the photo is the access door to the top of the fuel tank to get to the fuel pump and connections.

warm regards

Andrew

My rear boot DIN slot was filled with the analog TV tuner, an option for the RSN-D headunit which had SatNav....
Ooh, that's tasty stuff!

I have a... er, rather different analog TV experience in store for my personal Golf...
DSCN2800.jpg

You can bet no one expects a period-correct in-dash TV on a Mk1! ;P

Back