Bose symphony

Rodrick69

Hi double din stereo has stopped working but is permanently lit but with no display. any one had succes with adapters for New stereo or is there an a4 a1 or some other vw stereo that is double din and good thanks nick.

Assuming it's got Bose, you probably want to replace with a similar stereo. To be honest, a Symphony II unit can be bought for ~£50 (I've got a couple of spare ones if you're interested). If you want to upgrade to a Symphony III or RNS-E you'll be looking at about £40+ for the converter cables.

Speaker is in boot toolkit is in front. any advantage in symphony 3 what year are they from is it worth going for sat nav

;)Well, it's a bit subjective really. I personally love the RNS-E Satnav unit, but it is without doubt an expensive unit (probably looking at £300 + for a decent unit). You do get MP3 on SD-Cards, and the Sat Nav is pretty good, even 2019 maps are available.

Without doubt if you've got the BOSE sound system you need to keep the head unit OEM as without it you will lose all the advantages of having the BOSE sound.

The Symphony III unit is a 6-disc CD changer, from A3s around 2005 - 2010, the big advantage of this is it will play MP3 CDs, and the display is much bigger than a Symphony II. But you still need the Audi-Quadlock adaptor.

;)Well, it's a bit subjective really. I personally love the RNS-E Satnav unit, but it is without doubt an expensive unit (probably looking at £300 + for a decent unit). You do get MP3 on SD-Cards, and the Sat Nav is pretty good, even 2019 maps are available.

Without doubt if you've got the BOSE sound system you need to keep the head unit OEM as without it you will lose all the advantages of having the BOSE sound.

The Symphony III unit is a 6-disc CD changer, from A3s around 2005 - 2010, the big advantage of this is it will play MP3 CDs, and the display is much bigger than a Symphony II. But you still need the Audi-Quadlock adaptor.

Excuse my ignorance is there a quad lock adapter fitted to my 6 disc or would it come with symphony 3 or can it only be purchased from audi thanks

No, the quadlock is the interface for later (2005>) Audi Stereos, to be honest they won't come from Audi, you'd need to get them from somebody like Kufatek. I can help you with finding one if needed.

Back