Brake line banjo bolt torque

laurence91

Hi all, anyone know the torque value for ATE front callipers brake line banjo bolt. Google suggests a very wide range. Closest I can see in an online Audi manual is 45 nm but this is not for the ATE caliper.

Cheers, Laurence

Last edited:
They should be FS1 or FS3 calipers as OEM on the A2. This suggests a non standard set up with ATE calipers.

The torque for the FS calipers banjo is 45Nm

Ah my mistake, yes they are FS3 callipers - I bought ATE brake lines… long week :) Thank you, 45 it is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is important... The type of material the sealing washer is made of dictates the banjo bolt torque..

I have only ever seen / used the copper washers and these require the 45Nm torque on the banjo.

However if the washers are galvanised ( silver coloured ) the torque is reduced to 35Nm on the banjo.

Yes these are copper - I actually ordered the stark ones below from AUTODOC as suggested for my vin. But noticed the banjo had a 1 mm thread not 1.5. I Didnt want to use the old banjo with new washers as it was pretty corroded. So reordered the ate lines, they came with correct banjo and fresh copper. Thanks for the follow up, it is appreciated
ba942b2ec0f273c0107feb3d4bb2bc27.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back