Breakdown

Travelled 3 miles no problems then came to roundabout car cut out and couldn’t start back up .engine turned over ok managed to get it towed back home and parked up.Went out to start this morning cranked it over for 10 seconds then she fired up with just a bleep heard for about 3 seconds .switched off now she’s starting fine is there anything I should check .thanks John.Tdi

Last edited:
Just a thought my son was driving the car and said temperature was on 90 when it cut out he had done less than 3 miles normally takes 5 to 6 miles to get to 90 , would temperature sender cause car to cut out

Just a thought my son was driving the car and said temperature was on 90 when it cut out he had done less than 3 miles normally takes 5 to 6 miles to get to 90 , would temperature sender cause car to cut out

Hi John,

A temp sensor would not cause the car to cut out.

You haven't yet said what engine you have (and what year), and this info is likely to be useful in helping.

Cheers
Jeff

Hi @John flower not much to go on yet, but if you still have the TDI75 as in your “about” then I would start with fuel, blocked filter, bad pump, blocked pick up, dirty tank, those sorts of things.

VAG's sometimes bleep starts up due to low battery voltage but strange it cut out, might be worth checking the charging system.

Is all servicing up to date?

If this is the 'other' thread as you left us all in suspense wondering if the clean out operation had worked

Cheers Spike

I couldn't find the thread again - you wouldn't think that I'm in IT would you - lol

Back