Bushes etc!

A2on18's

I'm about to embark on replacing all shocks & springs with JOM coilovers (appreciate for some this isn't liked but I've decided for what I want it's the best approach)

I'm going to replace the top mounts with Polo Meyle versions (that come with all new bolts etc just in case! At the same time thinking it's probably worth changing some other bushes etc, without going completely over the top what would people recommend? The car is on a 54 plate and covered 81k so replacements more likely due to time rather than mileage

Many thanks
Steve

Apart from strut bearings as mentioned, if they've not been done, ARB bushes and possibly drop links if these also have miles in them. Again - if not done recently, dog bone as a preventative measure?

I got the rear subframe bushes done which eliminated a deep groan through the bodyshell in compressions experienced when the car was loaded up - they were pretty gone.

I've had the rear axle bushes done on a couple of my project cars and the ride difference is night and day. The rear end is far more controlled and less crashy once they are done.

Thanks both, assume polyurethane bushes best to get

I think the rears have 2 different diameters, is there a way of determining without getting underneath and measuring?

Thanks both, assume polyurethane bushes best to get

I think the rears have 2 different diameters, is there a way of determining without getting underneath and measuring?
part 7 on this diagram _

there only appears to be one diameter - I found a load of them (various aftermarket mfrs.) on Ebay.

re Polyurethane - I've only ever bought normal rubber replacements (mostly Febi, one set of Meyles) ; my understanding second-hand from a Tom Cunningham observation in another thread was that they can be noisy?

part 7 on this diagram _

there only appears to be one diameter - I found a load of them (various aftermarket mfrs.) on Ebay.

re Polyurethane - I've only ever bought normal rubber replacements (mostly Febi, one set of Meyles) ; my understanding second-hand from a Tom Cunningham observation in another thread was that they can be noisy?
Thanks for the extra info ??

Back