Buzzing in dashboard.....

Peterbude

Hi everyone, our A2 delivered last week has cleaned up a treat, been for a check at my local indy and has been given a clean bill of health. Short service and overall check up plus two new tyres for £218 - so I’m reasonably happy. This morning we went for a short trip and there was an odd intermittant buzzing coming from the dashboard - I initially thought it was a large bug caught in an air vent, but it sound more like a solenoid clicking in and out. But it felt like maybe both sides of the dash. Confused.com. Any thoughts?

Hi everyone, our A2 delivered last week has cleaned up a treat, been for a check at my local indy and has been given a clean bill of health. Short service and overall check up plus two new tyres for £218 - so I’m reasonably happy. This morning we went for a short trip and there was an odd intermittant buzzing coming from the dashboard - I initially thought it was a large bug caught in an air vent, but it sound more like a solenoid clicking in and out. But it felt like maybe both sides of the dash. Confused.com. Any thoughts?
It may well be coming from your engine cover. In old age the catches at the upper end often need a small plastic clipping (say from an old credit card) added to keep the thing quiet.

I think I have a similar issue and I just listen to audio books as a ‘fix’. It has happened since the day I picked the car up.

I assume that it’s something to do with the internal flap motors in the air ducting within the dashboard but I’ve never really gone to much effort to diagnose it since dismantling the dash scares me.

I find that my climate control distribution of air is also somewhat erratic leading to gusting and cycling of air output which seemed to me to correspond to the clicking and buzzing.

Pulling fuses and dismantling seemed the only way to get a definite answer so I’ve continued to ignore it.

Hopefully someone with more know how and enthusiasm for repair can help. Also, maybe recording the sound and adding a link to YouTube on here would help - gearing a sound is better than a description.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back