Bye Bye Vw tiguan Rline

stevec

Wales
Hi All
After 5 and a half years of very enjoyable ownership the Tig will be passing on to new pastures next saturday. The wife's daily commute has drastically increased and with the moderate running costs of a SUV such as this 35-44mpg on a run(i get 44 the missus gets 35 lol) she has made the decision to downsize.
To a much more economical car a polo sel tdi 1.4.
It will be very interesting to see how well the polo performs against my Audi A2, Virtually the same engine.
But the good news is that the A2 is back in my hands.
Picking up the wife's new car from Hereford vw next saturday
IMG-20190410-WA0008.jpeg

To this
Screenshot_20190413-171434.png

Last edited:
Now you have sold it I have to be honest and say that the R Line Tiguan we had a few ago was one of the worst set-up cars we have ever owned. It was the 2.0 with the 200ps engine, DSG gearbox and 19 inch wheels. The ride was crashy and bouncy, the gearbox was jerky and always dropping down 2 or 3 gears and it rarely made 30mpg. Hated what should have been the top of the range.

But, the other Tiguans we have owned have been great!

Car was also part of the EA188 diesel scandale; and the new SW downgrade just make the car even worse.

The Polo should in theory not be as efficient as the A2 as the Polo has DPF that uses fuel to regenerate.

I really can't say a bad word about the tiguan. The 2.0tdi 170bhp version with the manual gearbox gave Plenty of torque, and for a diesel, it sounded and revved like a petrol. The fuel consumption 35-44 was the only downsize, but still not bad for the size of vehicle. As for The ride, yes was a bit harsh but it is a sports vehicle with wide wheels and 40 profile tyres. But the excellent driving position, with a commanding view of the road ahead, made it a joy to drive.
I for one will miss the TIG.
Steve

Back