Calling all a2oc members

Sarge

A2OC Donor
Dear all A2OC members, To help us all, I'd like to request if you would please all take 5 minutes and add correct/accurate details of your location (doesn't have to be exact but close enough), in your profile and your vehicle, (i.e model, engine, year, colour etc) in your signature as well please (saves me having to troll through your profile to find the data).

The reason for this is that as well as others, I get a lot of requests for help, and in order to respond quickly it makes sense to be able to have these details easily available and not have to spend time messaging people asking for basic information that should be made available upon the initial message. This also helps when posting in the open forum so all members can respond with information available.

I find that I spend a lot of time chasing people for information about where they are, and what their car is etc, before even getting to deal with the issue in the first place. It saves time all round.

Cheers
Sarge

Last edited by a moderator:
I too have this problem. Please make sure the details on your profile page are correct. When offering help, it's really helpful to be able to see which model you've got and where you're based within a couple of clicks.

Thanks,

Tom

Last edited:
One little caveat folks. If editing your profile please only add your postal town or postcode to the location field this will keep us all right with data protection. If you choose to complete the address field this is only visible to administrators and would never be disclosed to 3rd parties.

Add as much detail about your motor as you want!!

I don't understand? Do you mean in your signature on the open forum? Neither of you have it on yours or am I missing something? (No tone or offence intended)

I don't understand? Do you mean in your signature on the open forum? Neither of you have it on yours or am I missing something? (No tone or offence intended)

Yes Sarge is suggesting people add the model of their car in the signature strip. Having spoken with him I can see the logic.

Signature strip is not visible on tapatalk, you have to press on someone's avatar to see the profile and car details.

Signature strip is not visible on tapatalk, you have to press on someone's avatar to see the profile and car details.

I use a pc most of the time, it would be very hard to use Tapatalk all day for me :)

Cheers
Sarge

Back