Cam belt locking kit for AUA 1.4

Jayw13702

A2OC Donor
I will need to do the cambelt soon, I’ve been looking at locking kits on eBay and can’t find any that list the AUA engine.

The only one I found is this one, it lists 1.4 but not AUA, does anyone know if this will fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the above, I have no idea. Just searching for cam lock tool AUA it came up with this - but there may be other parts needed?

Yes there needs to be a bottom pulley locking tool

Quickly looking at your link - I suspect this isn't the one you are looking for :​

Suitable for chain replacement on Petrol engines fitted to VAG vehicles

That tool with two pins I also use to lock the camshaft sprockets. The flywheel I lock with a steel bar and some wooden blocks. An air gun is handy to untighten the flywheel bolt. Tightening it should be done with 90 Nm + 90 degrees (new bolt). Over the years I've done this three times now. Takes me about 10 hours. I always do the water pump too.

I think I would rather work for 10 hours and pay a man to do it in half the time!

I tend to take about 3-4 hours, especially if it’s one I haven’t done before.
Last one I did was a 1.4 Tdi A2, that was an experience.
With the exception of the locking tool I have all the other tools i need for the job. And I enjoy the challenge

I tend to take about 3-4 hours, especially if it’s one I haven’t done before.
Last one I did was a 1.4 Tdi A2, that was an experience.
With the exception of the locking tool I have all the other tools i need for the job. And I enjoy the challenge

Hi, did you manage to change the belts with or without the kit? I've seen a YT videos recently where a guy used 2 smooth and of drills locked in the holes and just taped them together, as he didn't have the tool. Cheers

Back