camshaft sensor 3 pin connector

hello, does any know what voltage you should be getting from the camshaft sensor plug / connector? Ive just replace the sensor and still no signal.

thank you

Attachments

• 20181103_122605.jpg
    20181103_122605.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 278
Hi Ben,
Sorry to see you got no answer from the club! Seems to be a common theme?

I'm assuming it's now resolved - if so what was the answer in the end? If unresolved, I'll give you my readings, as I have exactly the same question.

In my case - an '02 75bhp 1.4 PD - I have cam sensor symptoms, but suspect the loom & want to check that out before buying & fitting an unnecessary sensor. VCDS shows an intermittent fault. It runs even with the sensor disconnected but still takes a while to start.

There's a decent enough video on YouTube, where a Euro mechanic diagnoses & repairs this fault on 1 (of the 3 wires) to the sensor. In his case the voltages were 12 (good), 0 (earth) & 2 (too low & suspect). He then tested resistance - lo & behold the low voltage one had really high resistance. So he replaced (bridged) that wire & it started fine with no new codes. Sadly he didn't think to report back the new/correct voltage!

I would just check resistance on mine, but his wiring was different & I don't have a diagram, plus his ECU was in the engine bay (a lot easier with this fault) & mine's under the passenger seat.

If anyone else is keen enough to put a multimeter on their 3 pins, on a working car, that would be really helpful too!

Many thanks,
Ollie

Back