Information Car stereo radio off

Niklas

Stereo has 2 + 12V drives one with constant voltage and the other one should only be when the car is running.
But on my -04 I have +12V on both all the time! No matter how I connect, the stereo is all the time if I do not manually
Closes it.
Some tips?
Has emptied the battery once already ...

It's an Audi "feature", they don't power their radios in the same way as others. You will need to get a switched live for the radio, there maybe a connection in the centre console you can re-use, or you will need to run one form the fuse box.

As stated Audi use CANBUS from 2001 to turn the head unit (stereo) on and off, if you are fitting an after market head unit then an ignition live from the fuse box is your only real answer, I also know that the thick white wire to the Aircon panel (if you have aircon) is live when ignition on and dead when ignition off, so you could piggy back onto that wire which is nearer to the head unit than the fuse box

cheers,

As stated Audi use CANBUS from 2001 to turn the head unit (stereo) on and off, if you are fitting an after market head unit then an ignition live from the fuse box is your only real answer, I also know that the thick white wire to the Aircon panel (if you have aircon) is live when ignition on and dead when ignition off, so you could piggy back onto that wire which is nearer to the head unit than the fuse box

cheers,

Does this mean I’d lose the stereo on feature when ignition is turned off but key is still in ignition if I get a 3rd party stereo?

I love that feature, I’d hate to lose it...

Does this mean I’d lose the stereo on feature when ignition is turned off but key is still in ignition if I get a 3rd party stereo?

I love that feature, I’d hate to lose it...

I think the answer is yes if you have a post 2001 A2 unless you go down the route of can bus adapters
Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Can you not just pick the feed up from something else that stays on with the key in the ignition? You could always fit a relay if you're worried about frying the cables.

Can you not just pick the feed up from something else that stays on with the key in the ignition? You could always fit a relay if you're worried about frying the cables.

The exam question is what

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back