Car Transportation - any recommendations?

Jmywil

Looking to have a car transported (trailered) from London to Edinburgh. I see a few on here have had cars moved across country. Any suggestions of reliable providers who can do this without charging the earth? Many thanks, James

Looking to have a car transported (trailered) from London to Edinburgh. I see a few on here have had cars moved across country. Any suggestions of reliable providers who can do this without charging the earth? Many thanks, James
Put it on Shiply plenty of quotes and I have used several times and always had decent people you can get a good idea of the various companies by reading reviews ..quotes get cheaper the older the add so don’t jump at first ones ..

Last edited:
I had my precious DTM transported from London to Derby by this one guy, also know he was delivering to Scotland one time when I tried to book him for another car. He is London based, I'll PM you his details, please note I've no affiliation.

Sarge

The guy who transported my Cobalt TDI from Leighton Buzzard to its new owner in Edinburgh was recommended by @ICowie, who's used him a few times. He's based in Liverpool and to keep costs down he did the job in two stages as back-loads for other confirmed bookings, with a few days stored in his yard inbetween. I don't know what he charged for the job but his name's Danny and his mobile is 07525089778.

I've got a couple of couriers i use across different parts of the country. There is one guy in west london who's very reliable. PM me for his number if you want it.

As Greywolfhound said above, also try shiply.com, you can often get someone who's on a return journey so as long as it can be done that day or the next you can get a bargain.

Last edited:
Thanks all, put a request into Shiply yesterday not knowing if they were any good or not, so feedback helpful, have a few quotes to consider and couple of PM’s to reply to here. Great help as ever, if only you could also solve my lack of storage for the car once it gets to Edinburgh that’d be perfect.......

I used Shiply to pick both our A2’s up, very cheap and no problem whatsoever.

The only issue in both cases was buying blind and not seeing the cars before they are on your driveway!

Ian

AnyVan.
Used them recently. They didn't ask for your inside leg measurement. Excellent, fuss free service. The best part for me was an instant quote.

Last edited:
I used Shiply to pick both our A2’s up, very cheap and no problem whatsoever.

The only issue in both cases was buying blind and not seeing the cars before they are on your driveway!

Ian
Yes I have just done that ian never ever again ..I thought I was a good judge of character ...but there are dishonest people out there ..☹️

Back