Carriage request Midlands to Scotland...

sciroccorrado

A2OC Donor
Hi folks @i love a2 has requested a set of wheels for his A2 which I can supply, but he's all the way up in Glasgow and I'm in Leicestershire. The amount quoted for a courier makes it uneconomical as its more than the wheels are worth.

So, my thinking is if anybody going up on the Scottish tour from Midlands or south area could pick up from me and drop off in Glasgow I'm sure there will be a little beer token (or box of choccies) in it for you.

Please contact me if willing and able. Cheers.

I'd love to but there will be three of us in the car - sorry :oops:.

This would need to be a solo traveller or at most a couple, or there wouldn't be room for luggage for the week as well.

To be honest, I can get 4 wheels tyres comfortably across the rear seats, so at most a couple, but would need small suitcases.

Possibly yes. We're intending to go to the Highlands for a few days break but not until mid June. I'll be down not too far away (more repairs etc at WOM). Is it wheels only? if it's with tyres then I won't have room.

They do give good price but unless the wheels are packaged well they won’t accept I had to place thick cardboard on faces and bubble wrap and well taped up ...

I am likely to be on my own, so could possibly do. I probably wont know for certain for a week or so though. I would also be staying over in Penrith on the way up (not sure if people would try to nick them??
I would absolutely need help putting them in and taking them out of the car though

That would be great if you could @Teresa , thanks. No issues putting them in and taking them out. If you've got an old rug or sheet to protect your seats that would be ideal. I don't think anybody is going to be "borrowing them", they're not that great, just some for refurbishment, hence trying to keep the cost to a minimum.

If you've got an old rug or sheet to protect your seats that would be ideal
It would probably be best if you wrap the wheels in bubblewrap as a minimum before anyone transports them. The amount of dirt that comes off old wheels (and its tendency to stain) has to be seen to be believed.

I am likely to be on my own, so could possibly do. I probably wont know for certain for a week or so though. I would also be staying over in Penrith on the way up (not sure if people would try to nick them??
I would absolutely need help putting them in and taking them out of the car though
Will you be driving on the A66 ? we're only a couple of miles off it, maybe meet up.

Will you be driving on the A66 ? we're only a couple of miles off it, maybe meet up.
I must admit that I've not looked at my route yet. I think I was thinking I would be across to Birmingham and then up the M6? The A66 is near Sheffield I think? I do try to avoid the A17 if I possibly can. I think I used to use it sometimes when I lived in Ki GSM Lynn and Preston to avoid sitting on the M62. Fab views if I remember it ?

hi would like to thank every Body that posted reply. a big thanks to teresa and sciroccorado . I got a set at a good price. enjoy your weekend

Last edited:
My general route (Norfolk to Glasgow) is A47-A17 onto A1, A66 to M6 becoming M74. Shorter and quicker than via Birmingham, also less monotonous IMO.

I must admit that I've not looked at my route yet. I think I was thinking I would be across to Birmingham and then up the M6? The A66 is near Sheffield I think? I do try to avoid the A17 if I possibly can. I think I used to use it sometimes when I lived in Ki GSM Lynn and Preston to avoid sitting on the M62. Fab views if I remember it ?
I'll send you a PM

My general route (Norfolk to Glasgow) is A47-A17 onto A1, A66 to M6 becoming M74. Shorter and quicker than via Birmingham, also less monotonous IMO.
It's that A17 bit. Someone once described it as how they imagine the journey to the afterlife - misty with nothing really there and a smell you cant quite put your finger on. Having lived in Lincoln and done the Lincoln to Kings Lynn journey, I think it's the best description of the A17 I've ever heard. With the new A11, it can be really quick to Birmingham down that and across A14 now. It used to be 3 plus hours, but is now about 2.5

I’m not going to Scotland soon but Wheels could be dropped here left in our Garage until anyone was going further North. We are in South Cumbria. Half way between M6 J35 and J36.

Steve

Back