CD changer VCDS recode

jonjo

Does anyone know why my radio code might not follow any normal convention? I’m trying to add the CD changer option for a2dp usb recognition. Using this wiki http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_Radio_Generation_II#column-one but the last digit should only go to 7 😂 Am I being daft?
97796EF4-973A-4FF4-AEC5-28BFAA937739.jpeg

I think currently set to 02138, I was hoping to add CD Changer function to recognise the A2DP Bluetooth USB. Which I think should be 02102 from below?

There is also a trick to hold CD button and power up the stereo it says "Connect" which I understand means something but cant find exactly what :/

• ?xxxx: Options
    • +1 = Front Speaker Diagnosis inactive (ONLY Audi A4 Cabriolet)
  • x?xxx: Tone Characteristics (< MY 2001)
    • 0 = Linear Tone Characteristics (All Radios)
  • x?xxx: Tone Characteristics (MY 2002 >)
    • 0 = Tone Characteristics for all other Models and all Radio Chorus
    • 1 = Tone Characteristics for A4 (8E)
    • 2 = Tone Characteristics for A6 (4B) & Audi A2 (MY 2005 >)
    • 3 = Tone Characteristics for A4 Cabriolet (8H)
    • 4 = Tone Characteristics for TT (8N)
    • 5 = Tone Characteristics for A3 (8L)
  • xx?xx: Fader/BOSE/Amplifier
    • +1 = Fader-Display OFF
    • +2 = BOSE-Display ON
    • +4 = Mute Amplifier when using Phone
  • 0xxxx?x: Installation Options I
    • +1 = Navigation installed
    • +2 = Telephone installed
    • +4 = Voice Control installed
  • 0xxxxx?: Installation Options II
    • +1 = Diversity Antenna installed
    • +2 = CD-Changer installed
    • +4 = Multifunction Steering Wheel installed

01238 is the 'workshop code' and is often required to allow the software coding to be changed

To me, your current radio coding is 00001, so try adding 2 for the CD changer

Cheers Spike

Ah thanks Spike I knew I was being daft somewhere, I’ve tried 00003, 00002, 05002, 05003 and these don’t seem to make a difference. It still says “No CD” lol weirdly I can hold down seek reverse and and it momentarily sees track 21 of CDC4…I think it’s a usb format issue.

Last edited:
Hope someone will confirm but I think that even with a CD changer installed and coded, if there are no CDs in the changer, the No CD message will show

Cheers Spike

🤔 I think this might be a wild goose chase. I thought the xcarlink could read mp3s from a usb. Maybe not?

Afternoon John,

Have a look at this link which explains the use of the Bluetooth option that you have Sir.

Unfortunately no mention of playing audio files via a memory stick on the version I beleive you have.

Kind regards,

Tom

Thanks Tom, massive apologies to all that helped I’ve indeed been on a wild goose chase, this doesn’t look like the usb compatible variant! I can charge my phone from this little USB port I have now installed though so that’s good! Haha.

351D97CB-531A-4585-A0A3-5596FF784C64.jpeg

Does anyone know why my radio code might not follow any normal convention? I’m trying to add the CD changer option for a2dp usb recognition. Using this wiki http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Audi_Radio_Generation_II#column-one but the last digit should only go to 7 😂 Am I being daft?View attachment 94545
Hi Joni,
The Workshop code is the last main Audi dealer to work on the car, when we scan VCDS copies this code to stop dealer rejecting future warranty claims etc.
Hope that helps.
Keith

Back